Factory Five Racing Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Charter Member
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This may seem a little silly, but I honestly don't know the answer... If I were to go with a Big Block Ford crate motor, say the 460, would that match up to a TKO transmission? If not, what tranny would I have to use and what would be involved with making it work? Thanks!

·
Super Moderator
29,466 Posts
The Tremec TKO will handle the power of the big block. These cars are so light, that the tires will break lose before you grenade the tran.

The only time there would be a problem, is if you run 14" wrinkle wall slicks, and a 2 or 3 disc clutch. THEN you might break something.

I'm going to use a TKO with my 700 HP big block and I'm not worried about the trans.

Keith

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
I have the TKO plus behind my BB and it works fine, you'll need to use an adapter to bolt it up to the bellhousing though.

·
Registered
15 Posts
what modification would be needed to accomodate the BB engine? As I understand it, a BB will not fit w/o mods.

BTW, I a newbiew to this forum and am right now at the dream stages of owning an FFR :D
Thanks.

·
Super Moderator
29,466 Posts
There are no modifications required that I'm aware of. I'm putting in a stroked 460 (532 cubic inches). Just ell FFR that you want the BB package (additiona; $660).

Keith

1 - 5 of 5 Posts