Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ANY SUGGESTIONS ON AN AIR FILTER THAT WILL ACTUALLY FIT. I'VE COLLECTED QUITE A STOCKPILE OF VERY NICE FILTER/HOUSINGS THAT WON'T CLEAR. 460-EDDLEBROCK INTAKE-750 DEMON.

·
Charter Member
1,004 Posts
What's the fit problem? What have you tried so far? I have the Ford oval style with a 2" element and it fits fine on a holley double pumper (it barely scrapes the float adjustment screws on each bowl - oh well).

·
Super Moderator
29,559 Posts
Bern-

Which intake? You need to use the Torker II for anything to clear. I am using an oval air cleaner I got from PAW. And it just hits in the back.

2FAST

·
Premium Member
9,134 Posts
Hi Bern,
I have a round chrome topped 14 inch x 3 inch filter asm that is about 1/2 inch above the top of the choke asm on the carb. This filter almost covers the whole carb. A bit pricey, but fits often without an intake change.
Mike Forte

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
460 W/torker II and oval cleaner. It fits but barely! Turn the base of the air cleaner upside down and drill holes for the float adjustment screws. It's great for looks but if you're really into performance, it's too restrictive. When I go to the drags I remove the air cleaner otherwise it tends to suck gas out the vent tubes.

·
Junior Charter Member
251 Posts
P.A.W. Part number CHR 7106 single carb. Its chrome. Looks great with chrome valve covers. Its inexpensive only $49.95. And it fits perfectly.

Rick

1 - 7 of 7 Posts