Factory Five Racing Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Charter Member
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am sorting out the interior and looking for a nice piece to go between the steering wheel and the dash?

I have seen a "trim piece/spacer" on several cars but have never seen anything listed by a vendor...

We are using toggle switch turn signals and just wanted to cover up the ugly shaft.

Any suggestions?

·
Premium Member
1,909 Posts
FinishLine makes a nice trim ring that mounts on the dash. My FFR hub fits thru it and finished out nicely.

·
Chief Cook and Bottlewasher
1,396 Posts
Someone posted a while ago about using the top cup from a stainless or aluminum thermos bottle. He said it was a great fit and it looked like a cool solution. Try a search for that, I think there were pics. Might have been dv/dt. He's always got cool solutions. Wasn't Hoofa. He just likes to play with saws and axes...

Steve

·
Charter Member
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Rad 22 came back with a good solution...

"Steering Column Bezel Kit" from Finishline $15

I looked there before posting, but in the steering wheel section and it's listed in the interior trim catagory

It might be fun to make one ... I'll see what responses come back

I am always amazed at how clever this group can be

·
6,654 Posts

·
Junior Charter Member
1,164 Posts
Just got mine from whitby motorcars,Trim piece, they also sell an extension piece for the hub/shaft looks great its on their web site

jimmy O

·
Premium Member
16,427 Posts
Originally posted by Scarlett:
Someone posted a while ago about using the top cup from a stainless or aluminum thermos bottle. He said it was a great fit and it looked like a cool solution. Try a search for that, I think there were pics. Might have been dv/dt. He's always got cool solutions. Wasn't Hoofa. He just likes to play with saws and axes...

Steve
:D :D

Note that I moved my dash forward an 1".

Cheers, Rod

·
1st RFM/FFR Legacy Winner
22,967 Posts
I used a turn signal kit and left the leather dash cover long enough on the sides of the cutout to cover the hole. No gaps shows and no bezel required. If you are using TS, can't you slide the SW shaft into the dash so that the gap is eliminated?

Greg

·
ChickenCobra
190 Posts
I purchased the QUALITY trim piece from Mike Everson to go along with the shifter trim and the seat belt trim ! All are VERY NICE !!

·
Charter Member
3,445 Posts
I too have Mikes trim piece but also put some split loom over the steel shaft that shows.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts