Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
FFCobra Craftsman
1,333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
....any suggestions? I'm not a programmer and would like a free or low cost host that is easy to set up and update (I'd rather build the car than spend time working on the site).

Wasn't planning on having one, but too many people have asked for regular updates (family, friends, coworkers). Thanks!

·
985 Posts
I planned on a elaborate web site until I actually got my kit. Then I lost interest in the web site and spent the time on the build. Webshots.com is a free site that will let you show some pictures, which is all most people want to see anyhow.

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
Barry, you don’t have to know how to program anything on PhotoClub. Although it may load slowly, I have had no problems with my 56k hookup. And the price is hard to beat!

--------------------

~=Bob Rego - FFR #2286 is painted Ford's Legendary 1965 Rangoon Red in solid PPG.

·
FFCobra Craftsman
1,333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the input. No DSL here, only dial up, so home-hosting is out of the question.

Don't have much free time, either. :(

I'll probably just do the clubphoto thing! :cool:

Barry

·
985 Posts
I was on clubphoto, but I moved off after they started charging. Sure, you can put pictures on it for 90 days, but then they disappear. And I also had problems getting pictures to display at their full resolution.
Plus, I think webshots has easier to use software for uploading and managing files. The only negative with webshots is that you cann't post a link to a display an image any more.

[ March 12, 2002: Message edited by: 67Cobra ]

1 - 9 of 9 Posts