Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Junior Charter Member
875 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got the harness out of my '87 donor car and I'm a little aprehensive about puling this one apart. I did it once befor on another car and did't really enjoy it. Besides I'd rather spend time on the body and engine.

I'm considering either having the harness dieted by someone else or going with an aftermarket harness but I want to stick with the stock FI system.

We're looking for good quality and moderate cost.

Any Suggestions would be much appreciated.

·
Charter Member
1,543 Posts
I SENT MINE TO RON WEATHERBY AND IT CAME BACK WITH EACH WIRE LABELED AND ALL I HAD TO DO WAS LAY IT OUT ON THE CAR AND HOOK IT UP PIECE OF CAKE.

·
Junior Charter Member
709 Posts
I Squared by all means

·
2,990 Posts

·
FFCobra Fanatic
3,378 Posts
I^2

·
Registered
87 Posts
I purchased a Painless harness, and ended up taking it all apart because I didn't like the way they grouped the wires. I definetely would not go that way again.

·
FFCobra Craftsman
4,241 Posts
its Rob wetherby and I do not believe he is doing it anymore. I squared or wirediets.com (rodger stein) or painless and tackle it yourself....

·
Senior Charter Member
1,051 Posts
I Squared.

·
Registered
538 Posts
Roger Stein at wirediet.com is doing mine.

Paul

·
Premium Member
12,393 Posts
Go with I Squared. They are a forum advertiser, and they make a slick product.

·
Senior Charter Member
887 Posts
Anoter vote for Roger Stein. Clean and labeled and money well spent. Calhusker

·
Premium Member
7,585 Posts
Well I had always thought I would just go with a Stein Wire Diet, but after checking pricing I think I've changed my mind..

Stein Wire Diet for a 5.0 based build - $500

I-Squared 1+1 Million System - $554.95

Just so we're fair here, the Wire Diet is pretty much a plug and play deal, but the I-Squared does still require wiring stuff up.. Correct?

And the I-Squared does still cost $54.95 more than the Wire Diet, but it gives nice LED diagnostic indications on circuits, cuts down on the total amount of wiring, is relatively simple to install and all wiring except for the engine harness will be brand new.

Is that pretty much it in a nut shell?

What I'll probably end up doing is, trying to do my own wire diet and after spending weeks pulling my hair out I'll give up and then order the I-Squared system..

·
644 Posts
Roger Stein is doin' mine!

·
334 Posts
Roger did mine, plugged it in and off I went. Make sure you specify what you are or are not doing. IE: trans harness, with or with out emmissions etc. It is a beautiful thing.Mark

1 - 18 of 18 Posts