Factory Five Racing Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What would be your choice of a track car with $60k to spend? Would it be able to compete with cars such as the Nissan GTR after a few more upgrades?

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I don’t like the current version of the Z06 but if the new version is mid engine AND AWD i May purchase one. Details will be revealed on July 18th.

·
Premium Member
17,871 Posts
The Exocette is a really fast car for well under $25K.

However, the Exovette will be absolutely killer for under $50K. ;)

·
Husband/Father/Son
12,461 Posts
I don’t like the current version of the Z06 but if the new version is mid engine AND AWD i May purchase one. Details will be revealed on July 18th.
Who said current ZO6, you asked, I responded, take it or leave it, it is still the best bang for your buck track wise.

·
Charter Member
6,157 Posts
C6 track prepped Z06 is untouchable dollar for dollar

If you want the fastest machine on the track buy used Radical SR8, they are about 65k on the low end.

·
Registered
728 Posts
Looks like you can get a used GT-R in the 60k range if that's your interest. It won't be brand new, but they drop to your price range at around 5-6 years old. I haven't followed closely, but seems like it's just been minor updates since the car came out.
When you start comparing cars on track, especially at novice or intermediate levels, the driver is a much bigger factor than the car they are driving. My last track night, I lined up and three C7 Z06 vettes pulled in behind me. I figured great... won't be long until I am giving the point bys. We left the grid and I pulled away from the first lap and didn't see them the rest of the session. Those cars are monsters on the track, especially for the money.

·
Registered
520 Posts
There is no substitute

Used Porsche. 911 or Cayman. Irrespective of speed comparisons to Z06s (which are a great bang for the buck, but lap times aren't everything), there is a level of finesse, bank vault solidarity, and complete engineering to the Porsches. If you want the analog experience, get the manual. If you want the best track performance, get the PDK (generally acknowledged as the world's best double clutch automatic, certainly for the track). YMMV

·
Registered
16,313 Posts
I've seen every one of these picks fall to the built in the garage FFR GTM. You say you want bang for the buck? Look no further than the GTM. We compete with cars costing TEN TIMES as much as the GTM. A GT3 Cup Porsche needs to be modified to keep up with our 550 HP crate engined GTM! And we have been spanking an LS7 powered Vette over and over again in the United States Touring Car Championship this year.

·
FFCobra Fanatic
1,038 Posts
C6 track prepped Z06 is untouchable dollar for dollar

If you want the fastest machine on the track buy used Radical SR8, they are about 65k on the low end.
I have two SR8's. Now you are talking. Looking to sell one for way less than that. Just saying. >:)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts