Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
539 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, all of us have our opinions which we feel is the best way to go. However, for you IRS guys, don't mess with the axle shafts. Send them to Raxles! After 20,000+ miles I had a problem with my originals I did, per the FFR manual, with rebuilt units. I sent them to Marty at Raxles. Got them back yesterday. Besides looking great and being beefier, the car had never...I repeat never...felt as good.

Rumor control says Breeze may stock them.

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
well, I enjoyed doing the axles, but it DID take me as long to clean up afterwards as it did to do the axles in the first place...

All the best,
Tag

·
Premium Member
2,332 Posts
Larry,

Thanks for the great tip! I am using the IRS and have been wondering about what is the best way to go. If you wouldn't mind, could you please give me a flavor for the costs involved with each set-up you tried (ie doing it yourself vs. out sourcing to Raxles). Thanks agian.

-SGC

·
FFCobra Fanatic
1,326 Posts
I spent many hours trying to get the inner CV joints back together. Posted here for helpful tips - still couldn't get it.

Sent my axles to Marty at Raxles.. WOW. Well worth the $425 +/- (including the shipping)... I'd never think about doing the job myself after seeing these.

·
Premium Member
18,462 Posts
I spent over $550 here in Oregon and did NOT get new CV joints. Just assembly of the FFR-supplied parts into old CV joints, redrilled hub (pre-Stu), and new hub bearings. I felt it was a rip. No center-section work, either. Raxles sounds like a good idea...had not heard of it before this thread.

·
FFCobra Master Craftsman
511 Posts
That's my plan of attack. I'm just bummed that I can't seem to convince the factory to ship me my axles ahead of time.

John

·
Premium Member
2,332 Posts
Its pretty simple, COUNT ME IN!! Thanks for the input.

-SGC

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.