Factory Five Racing Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whats up everyone. I'm heading down to the junkyards next week to pick up a rear end, and i was looking for some advice. What rear end will match the supplied spindles in the MKIV complete kit? I'm going to be running a coyote with a ford racing Tremec tko 600 5 speed. Originally i was going to get a fox body rear end, replace axles with 31 spline and an eaton detroit true trac gear style limited slip. I'm wondering if theres a rear end that would be better than that on any stock mustangs that would fit, or would the fox body rear end be best? Thanks for the help!

·
Registered
728 Posts
There is no best... just different setups.

It is going to depend on what your build goals are, what wheels you plan to run, ect ect.

The 94-98 mustang rear end would give you disk brakes to start with, where an 87-93 rear end will have drums. The 94-98 rear end is wider though, so if you plan to run a 315 tire on a 10"+ wheel, you'll need to convert it to run fox width axles. And if you plan to have ABS, starting with one that has the wheel and pick up might save some money and time. The 99-04 rear end may not be the best starting point for most builds... as it is even wider than the 94-98 rear end.

I went with the 94-98 rear end. Hoped for some brake components, but got nothing. It is the width I wanted though and has ABS.

·
Snake Farmer
10,315 Posts
T-bird Turbo Coupe 8.8 rear ends have the advantage of having of disc brakes, and trac-lok. They are also a 3.55 ratio, which can put some snap into the car.

Only problem is they are 4 bolt, so you need to get modified rotors, or drill out a set yourself, to accept five bolt wheels.

Just some food for thought.:)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts