Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4,738 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Doing some research to install Rectangular lights and I've seen comments that there are different versions / quality. (Finishline has a thicker black rubber gasket)

Any suggestions for which ones to buy?
I've seen them listed / suggested from: 1st Marine, Finishline, Superformance, BDR, Allen English(?).

Links would be GREATLY appreciated.

thanks

·
FFCobra Fanatic
5,560 Posts
I got mine from 1st Marine. They are copies, I dont know if you can still get the real thing or not. Mine were around $100 for the pair I believe. Decent quality, I cut em apart to do the 2 bulb mod. If you dont care about the markings on the bulbs I dont think anyone will notice the difference.

Mike

·
Plodding Along
2,976 Posts
Most of the ones you find with US suppliers will be replicas and not the real-deal Lucas marked lenses anymore. I bought mine from Finishline, then I found a pair of original Lucas lenses on e-bay (did the same for the front turn signals).

·
3,596 Posts
They're not the same, but Speedway has a replica Chevy taillight that looks really nice too! I think Beal has them on his car.

·
Registered
4,738 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Does anyone have a link for the Superformance lights?
I tried searching Superformance, but can't find an online parts catalog.

I want 2 bulbs and don't mind doing the mod to build my own boxes, but want to see what SPF looks like. Does anyone else offer a 2 bulb?

·
Registered
2,119 Posts

·
Registered
4,498 Posts
i have a pair of the early 1948 chevy taillights Mark if you want to look at them lense is glass, but one bulb. got them at a swap meet

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.