Factory Five Racing Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’m also interested in the bending tool...
My pedals are dangerously close together (brake and accelerator). If you have a bend tool available can I borrow it also?
As stated before, I would pay for shipping back and forth. I would probably get it duplicated here. This so I can have my own
Thx for the help
BBryan
623-570-2319
Avondale Arizona

·
Vegasjack
92 Posts
On my donor box, I just removed the pedal shafts, put them in a heady duty bench vice and beat them with a sledge hammer to bend them accordingly. Worked out just fine. Bend out a little, then the bottom section back in a bit. Whole thing took maybe an hour.,

·
Premium Member
2,560 Posts
On my donor box, I just removed the pedal shafts, put them in a heady duty bench vice and beat them with a sledge hammer to bend them accordingly. Worked out just fine. Bend out a little, then the bottom section back in a bit. Whole thing took maybe an hour.,
X2. Did mine before there was a "tool". It's not that hard.

·
Charter Member
721 Posts
Agree. I used a bench vise and a 14" pipe wrench. No hammering required. If you are unsure, buy a piece of flat stock from Home Depot, mark it where you want the bends and practice until you get it right.

·
Registered
662 Posts
The bender only takes minutes to do and doesn’t require disability of pedal box. That said, the vise method works too just more labor intensive in a assembled car

·
Charter Member
721 Posts
mg2. Thanks for that. Some of us old farts tend to forget that many of these questions come from people who are contending with completed cars. From my own experience, just doing minor mods and repairs to a car I built is challenging. Trying to change one must be extremely difficult.

·
1,066 Posts
I’m also interested in the bending tool...
My pedals are dangerously close together (brake and accelerator). If you have a bend tool available can I borrow it also?
As stated before, I would pay for shipping back and forth. I would probably get it duplicated here. This so I can have my own
Thx for the help
BBryan
623-570-2319
Avondale Arizona
PM Sent

·
Registered
2 Posts
Curious if anyone has a pedal bending tool? Hard to tell exactly from the messages, but if there is one available, I would love to work out a deal to purchase or borrow one!

Thank you!

Grant

1 - 13 of 13 Posts