Discussion Starter · #1 ·
how many people have bent the 3/8 stainless steel
line and what did you use for a bender? i bought
to 7 foot lengths for my fuel lines. i just dont
want to ruin it with the wrong bender.

·
Charter Member
6,161 Posts
I bought mine from advanced auto. It has three tube sizes machined into it (3/8, 1/4, 1/8). I have 3/8" aluminum red anodized Russell hardline. It wasnt too difficult to bend with this hand-tool, stainless might be a little harder.

·
ff cobra master craftsman
2,783 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i am not sure on the wall thickness, i bought it
around a month ago from vertex in va, i have a irs
car and it is a pain in the you know what to run
lines there are to many obstructions to run any thing super clean.

·
Premium Member
8,327 Posts
Wrench. I BIG tip, use some braided line to get from the tank to the front side of the IRS, you will save a lot of time AND frustration, it's a lot easier to route around the moving IRS arms. . Use the stainless from there forward. There are some shots of how I did mine on my coupe at the link below.
The wall thickness should be at least .035. I used some 1/2" .028 and it dimpled a bit on the inside of the bend. 3/8 may have less of a problem.

·
2,783 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i am using aeroquip blue hose from the cell to
the point where the pass roll bar would be if you
ran one, then stainless from there up the outside
of the 4inch tube and come up at the pass foot box
then use the blue hose to connecdt to the fuel regulator and the feed at the back of the motor.

·
FFCobra Fanatic
607 Posts
I used stainless that I got from summit. It wont do very tight bends, and it isnt fun to work with, but since it needs to run under the car, I did it so I would never need to worry about it. It did just about ruin my cheap little bender, so I borrowed a good one from an air conditioning conection for the weekend.

·
1,123 Posts
I used Goodyear blue 3/8" line for both the supply and return. Push on fittings worked great and looks nice. Easy to do!!!!

·
2,783 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
can you describe how you ran your lines? are you using a fuel cell ? how did you secure the lines to the frame? any pictures?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts