Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
4,738 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I really don't want to remove my M/C, besides, I have remote reservoirs.
I've read it's possible to do it on the car, just careful not to make a mess. (it's almost a go-kart).

2 quick questions:
1. What do I use to run the flex hose back into the reservoirs? temporary nipples off of the M/C? can I get them from NAPA or such? (didn't come with my M/C)
2. Once you have it bled, how do you remove the nipples and reconnect the lines without making a mess and without introducing air back into the M/C?

Thanks!

· Premium Member
3,886 Posts
I had some extra hard line with the flare and nipple that I bent so it flowed back into the reservoirs.

Very little dribbles out when you remove the line but I did put a rag underneath to catch the drips.

I think that is the best way to bench bleed the master cylinders.

· Senior Charter Member
1,874 Posts
You should be able to get an inexpensive bench bleeding kit at your local parts house. I know Autozone carries them for like 7 or 8 bucks. They come with an assortment of adapters that thread into the master ports and a role of tubing to go from the adapters up into the reservoirs.
As Dallas said if your quick you lose very little fluid and what ever small bubble of air that might be at the end of the line or the end of the port will be easily pushed through the system and out when bled.

· Registered
3,619 Posts
X2 what Dave said. When I got my Jeep master cylinder for my Coupe build it came with an assortment of plastic fittings the screwed into the master cylinder and a section of clear plastic line with clips to recycle the fluid. Should be no problem to do on the car if you can come up with the plastic fittings. You can probably do one cylinder at a time if the auto zone kit does not have two of the same size, or you can fab up your own if you have the fittings and a short section of line, it does not have to have a perfect flare on the end as long as the fitting seals the line as it does not hold high pressure.
HTH
CB

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.