Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does the aluminum bell housing provide sufficent protection or is a steel one required in a cobra?

Thanks,
Corey C

·
Charter Member
1,770 Posts
I like my feet and do not want to rely on the .040 sheet metal. Some will say it is not needed, but I am using a steel one.

·
section 8
5,136 Posts
as stated if you like your feet get a steel one . The aluminum one is only there to provide a mounting for the trans if you explode a clutch it will do nothing for your safety. Bob

·
Registered
2,546 Posts
I'm using a Steel one now. THEY ARE A PITA to install in a FFR. When I take it out it won't be going back in. Aluminum Bell Housing and a Kevlar Blanket for me next time.

·
Registered
3,623 Posts
Look at where your seated then picture a clutch explosion. IMHO this is one of the first things to include for any FFR build regardless of motor. If nothing else it will give you peace of mind in case you experience "unexpected wheel spin" or a missed shift.
HTH
CB

·
Senior Charter Member
1,668 Posts
I'm tossing in some (3/16" sides 1/8" top) It will also be the bigger foot boxes and the plenum for the heater.

·
Premium Member
9,134 Posts
Hi Corey,
I have Quick Time bellhousings in stock. I also have the SFI approved Quick Time. Call me for T-5 or TKO package deals.
Mike Forte

·
Premium Member
11,853 Posts
Stock bell housing and a blanket if you are concerned about it. We have not seen a clutch failure in a long time that involved coming through the bell housing. HTH, Cheers Richard.

·
FFCobra Craftsman
2,076 Posts
If I ever take my engine back out the current PITA scattershield is going away and a Qucktime is going on. Getting my engine into my MKII frame with the McLeod was NOT fun.

·
Registered
322 Posts
I have QuickTime bell housing and it fit a bit snug. I mounted the motor to check for clearance on the headers/sidepipes before sending body to painter. I noticed that the bell housing is touching the chassis on both sides. Not to worry... I can grind that out a bit.

Driver-side

Passenger-side

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.