Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just drop in my 351 Windsor with Tremic 600 into the Mark III frame and found the the steel bell housing touches the frame on both sides. I think the solution is to pull it out and trim the flange of the steel housing in the two locations.

Anyone else have this problem? And if so what are the solutions? I could also modify the frame but that would require cutting, welding and repainting.

Chris Martin

·
Registered
51 Posts
I had the same problem on the starter side. I cutoff about 1/2 of bellhousing flange in a small area.Problem solved.

·
Registered
80 Posts
I would recommend talking to Mike Forte since he is an authorized seller of TKOs and very knowledgeable. I would just warn about being overzealous by cutting too much of the flange away and compromising its strength. Good luck!

·
Junior Charter Member
139 Posts
Same problem. Trimmed a little off flange.

·
Registered
278 Posts
I had the same problem on the starter side only with an AOD transmission. My bell housing was aluminum not steel so it was easy to trim off enough to make it clear fine.

·
Charter Member
3,060 Posts
393W, Lakewood, TKO 600, mini starter - Mine hit on the starter side; took a 4" grinder to the bellhousing.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.