Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Senior Charter Member
1,847 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I actually “finished” FFR6203 in October of 2011.....just now getting around to “graduating it”. Took delivery in July 2007. Did everything except body and paint (just couldn't wait another year!). No donor, but some donor parts.

The usual and sincere thanks go to you guys on the forum for your wisdom, experience, and a part or 20 along the way. I think the best tool I bought was a computer for the garage! And to our great vendors who not only supply us with great parts, but also share their vast experience and knowledge toward building these cars. And to my wife who really encouraged me to undertake this journey, and who loves riding in it now!

(I did notice from these pics for the first time that I could probably drop the front end an inch or so!)

The details include:

• Factory Five Mk3 Roadster
  • Lexus Claret Mica with Lexus Diamond White Pearl stripes
  • Rebuilt 306 (0.30 over) stock Ford shortblock with TrickFlow EFI Top End Kit
  • Dynoed at ~265 at the wheels
  • Full Ford emissions EFI w/cats
  • T5 - 3.27 Rear End
  • Pin drive width, IRS and SN95 hubs up front - disk brakes all around
  • Ceramic coated side pipes
  • PS/PB - Remote Brake Reservoir
  • 15” Wheels with 235/295's
  • Firewall Forward
  • ISIS (one of the first shipped)
  • Push button start
  • Competition dash/FFR Speedhut gauges
  • E-Brake relocated
  • Fully carpeted cockpit and trunk (grey)
  • Dropped foot wells, dropped trunk floor
  • Dead Pedal
  • Herb's door panels
  • FFR Hood Hinges
  • Dropped battery box in trunk
  • Footwell lights/12V Outlet
  • Custom underdash panels
  • Foot box blowers
  • Kirkey Vintage Seats (I'm 6'5”)
  • Raised Steering column
  • Glove box
  • Bulkhead storage access panel
  • Removable transmission cover

• A lot of new friends

·
Senior Charter Member
1,847 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
More Pics

____

·
Junior Charter Member
1,359 Posts
Very nice car.

Tell me more about the ISIS system, please. I am planning on running it when I do my build, and just want to hear more about such things as the layout, installation, and such.

Thanks!

·
Geek
1,402 Posts
Beautiful - congratulations!

Two questions, if I may:
1) Where did you paint it?
2) How was the registration/titling process? Did you use the new SEMA model legislation?

Thanks and congratulations again!

·
Senior Charter Member
1,847 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
Thanks for the comments, guys.

aks801 - As for the ISIS, it really is neat to be able to define every circuits behavior, although these cars don't have that many circuits. Installation wiring is very straightforward, although the "switch wires" must be 35 gauge or something. And it does provide security.....it has a keyfob "system disable" button. If I were doing it again, I don't really know what I would do, but Jay Harris from ISIS has been extremely helpful all along the way. I think my experience actually modified the system configuration....it was kicking out due to a low voltage spike when I started it, and they lowered the threshold I think. As to mounting, I put the mastercell and one powercell behind the dash and one powercell in the trunk. I would work harder to make them more accessible next time, both for reading the screen on the mastercell and for changing fuses in the powercells. Live and learn. Let me know if you have any other questions.

ram_g - I had John Evans at Vintage Restorations in Conroe paint it. Great guy to work with. And I had already registered mine when the new SEMA legislation came out, so I don't know how that goes. I got a really helpful lady in the League City Tax Office, and she walked me thru it. I think all you do now is have an ASE mechanic inspect it and fill out a form and then just register it pretty much like I did except you only have to have a Safety Inspection instead of full emissions since it's a replica of a '65.
One thing to remember is that you can just walk in and get a 30 day temporary tag for $15 bucks or something that lets you drive it so you can get inspected or whatever. I think you can just keep getting those, although I read that after maybe 3, the system flags you as potentially trying to avoid registration. They had some issues with people temp tagging stolen cars or something I think.

·
Senior Charter Member
1,847 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I think I bought the competition dash from another forum member here. Don't really know where it came from originally. I mainly only had to cut the small switch holes, just used a small bit for a pilot hole and then full size. I think I did have to cut one of the larger ones for the clock or something, just used a hole saw.

·
Registered
9,948 Posts
Love the color and the steel rims. Well done!

·
Senior Charter Member
1,847 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Thanks a lot, guys. As for the wheels, that was one area I decided to just get something on there and then I could upgrade later. They were inexpensive ones from Summit....and they're kinda growing on me.

·
10,173 Posts
Hey Gary, Very nice and well done. I like the fact that you have the battery recessed. That comes in so handy when you are trying to stuff fold up chairs and a Whitby Top if you ever get one. It is a great top. That dropped trunk is very nice too. Everything looks great... paint looks sharp.
If you ever think about wheels, the new F5 15" Halibrands are very nice and light weight.
Oh, where did you get the cup holders

·
Senior Charter Member
1,847 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Thanks, Al.

The cupholders came from a billiards supply house, I think. They had all different styles and sizes as I recall.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.