Factory Five Racing Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,518 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi guys,

Since 2009 I only have 3,000 miles on my car but my tires are 10 years old. They still look ok and have plenty of rubber on them but they are also not terribly sticky. I have Kuhmo Esta XS 315's on the back and 255s on the front with 17" rims all around. I find these tires ride nice but it is far to easy to exceed their traction limits in both cornering and acceleration. They give no warning either so you have to be on your toes. I would like to be able to use more of my cars ability on the street (I'm not tracking the car) and am hoping there are some better tire choices for me to get a bit more out of the car with a lot more confidence. I have a 408w with IRS with a TKO 600. Everything is manual on the car as it was my desire to have total feel for the road and car. The car dyno'd at 450hp/tq to the tires but since then I've added a bit more power, maybe 500hp to the tires at this time. What would you suggest I look into so far as a good all around street tire that may lean a bit more towards the track. I don't drive in the rain if I can help it.

Right now looking at the Nitto NT01

If you know of a recent thread I missed please point me to it.

Thanks,
Darren

·
8,153 Posts
I have been running the NT-01s for a while and find them a great streetable tire. Like most sticky tires they lose grip noticeably at colder temperatures and come with a warning to to use them below 40F (might be 38F). If road surface temperatures are above 60 or 70 F they grip well. They are good for 1.70 60ft times at the strip even with a stiff auto X suspension set up.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts