Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I scored a free set of Lincoln rotors from a family member, but I don't know from what year. It's 5-lug, looks just like the Mustang rotor, and in-fact, the outer bearings and races fit just fine. It's the inner races that have a smaller outer diameter than the mustang races. The problem is, I don't know what bearings to buy.

On the inside of the rotor, it says "Century", "636006", then there's a "118/" and "MIN. ROTOR THICNESS .895". I went to Autozone's website and did a part number search for 636006 and came up with the following:

AIMCO BRAKE ROTOR - FRONT for a NONE NONE NONE
Unit Price: $94.99
Core Value*: $0.00
Part No.: 5401
Weight: 19.891 lbs.
Warranty: 1 YR
Availability: Online: Ships within 2 business days
Store: Special Order

Unfortunately, it doesn't specify the vehicle or year. Any ideas how to match up some bearings with these hubs?

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
I used '92 Mustang bearings and they fit my '91 Lincoln rotors perfectly.

·
Registered
3,193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The rotors are 11.25" and it looks like they'll rub the caliper mounting post. The calipers I got with the rotors don't fit on the posts. I suspect the rotors are from a non-compatible year. Bummer.

·
Registered
3,193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
According to Napa's site, the Mustang and '82 Lincoln rotors are 10 15/16" in diameter. I've got the wrong calipers and rotors.

·
Charter Member
625 Posts
I ordered my Mark VII rotors and calipers from SS Brakes. From previous posts it was indicated that both the inner and outer bearings are the same as Fox body Mustangs. Assembled, everything looks okay.

I can measure the rotor OD, which I know to be about 11" (probably 10 15/16" as you indicate), but there is no interference as you suggest.

BTW, that price of $94.99 seems pretty steep for a single rotor. I haven't priced them lately but I'm sure you can do better.

·
Registered
3,193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hank,

Since I got the rotors and calipers for free, I haven't lost anything. I just ordered a set of cheap rotors for $59.74 for the set. At $30 a piece, it's no big deal. I'll use the calipers for my cores when I buy the mustang calipers.

6 more days until delivery

·
Premium Member
7,018 Posts
I just received my front brake parts (including 5-lug rotors & bearings) from SSB last week. If you like, when I get home I can give you the bearing part numbers for a cross reference.

·
Registered
3,193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I bought the Timken bearings for the Mustang months ago, they just didn't fit in my unidentified rotors. I think I'll be all squared away tomorrow. I ordered the 1987 Lincoln Mark VII rotors, so everything should fit now.

I'm cleaning the spindles and painting them now. I still need to go buy the calipers and the 5-lug conversion for the rear-end from Ford. I'll have everything to make it a roller in no time . . . EXCEPT MY STINKIN RIMS!!!!

I ordered those rims back on April 9th and they still haven't come in. I'm told they will be here the 3rd week of June . . . next week. Totally not FFRs fault, but frustrating non-the-less.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts