Factory Five Racing Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Junior Charter Member
1,520 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was disassembling the half shafts from a T-bird SC. When I got the bearing assembly off the inner CV joint one of the bearing just sort of fell apart (yes, I might have hit it with a hammer to help it). I don't know what this part is called or where to buy a replacement. Please let me know.

thanks,
Todd

·
FFCobra Master Craftsman
4,481 Posts
Mark at Breeze might be able to help. He sometimes has a source for things that might not be an entire assembly listed on his site.

·
Gelcoat Driving Maniac!
4,373 Posts
Max at Five Star is always a good source for Ford stuff. Great prices and quick shipping too.

·
FFCobra Fanatic
774 Posts
Its called a tri-lobe plunge joint. If you can find all the needle bearings you can put them back on the shaft they came off of with grease and then slide the outer lobe back over them. I disassembled one of them just for fun......NOT. I think you may have a tough time finding just this assembly, you may have to buy the whole plunge joint.
Sean

·
Junior Charter Member
1,520 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks, I knew there was a name for it. I just called the guy I got the rest of the parts from. He's selling me another half shaft for $30, seems hard to beat.

Thanks again,
Todd

1 - 5 of 5 Posts