Factory Five Racing Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
897 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A call to anyone in AUS (or unlikely as it may be) in the US, that may have a set of torsional test data for the Coupe or Roadster.

The Automotive Engineer I am using in Aus would accept the Roadster data. Having this would save a lot of time and cost during my build.

With thanks

Chris

·
FFCobra Craftsman
6,103 Posts
I would contact FFR directly or reach out to David Borden. I believe David did some rigidity modeling of the roadster.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Surely Component Cars in WA - Aussie Distributor - would have beaming and Torsional test results - they have had a couple registered now

·
Registered
897 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Surely Component Cars in WA - Aussie Distributor - would have beaming and Torsional test results - they have had a couple registered now
CCA appear to have abandoned the FFR product.. they certainly did for my sale, and a couple of others I am aware of and unfortunately have not responded to email or phone call requests for some months now.

·
Registered
897 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I would contact FFR directly or reach out to David Borden. I believe David did some rigidity modeling of the roadster.
thanks .. will do.. :)

·
Taken The Leap
198 Posts
CCA appear to have abandoned the FFR product.. they certainly did for my sale, and a couple of others I am aware of and unfortunately have not responded to email or phone call requests for some months now.

I'm posting to clarify.

This person requested to purchase a Factory Five Racing model (65 Coupe) which Component Cars do not make available in an Australian compliant configuration for road registration.

The chassis for the 65 Coupe and the Mk4 are different and as a result the data for the Mk4 has absolutely no relevance the results a 65 Coupe produce.

Component Cars Australia assisted in every way possible with technical advice and final approval of the purchase direct with the manufacturer.

They have actually been working in the background with the accredited engineer whose contact details they supplied to assist with not only chassis data but other items required to be met for registration of this vehicle.

Component Cars Australia remains committed to supporting the FFR models it has legally certified for the Australian market and respect the required legislation and conducting business in a legal and ethical manner.

·
Registered
897 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Reiterating my request as sent to CCA on 03 June, for dimensional specifications, availability and pricing for a RHD steering rack to suit as per the preceding advice from CCA detailed below.

"we are willing to assist in the supply of the required custom RHD steering rack and the modified lower steering shaft required for the vehicle should you require as no production racks we have found will comply with ADR bump steer testing requirements."

·
Registered
897 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
am sure it will all work out in the end Mike.. :)

All the best

Chris

·
Registered
897 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
Whilst waiting for a response from CCA that never came I measured the mounting height of the current rack (which is strangely 1/2mm out left to right) and did a little research.

The RHD rack to use is from a 2000 Subaru Liberty (known as a Legacy I think in the US), mod the thread on the tie rod ends to suit the Subaru rack and mount it all on an inverted U section channel that bolts through the existing mounts.

There are two types of Liberty rack.. one with semi circular tab style mounts that are not dissimilar to the Mustang rack supplied with the kit, the other has a rectangular mount on the side adjacent the gear and steering stub. The later is the type to use for the V2 Coupe chassis as the stub clears the upright for the X brace post.

Pics of it mounted in place next week when it comes back from the steering guy.

Cheers

Chris

1 - 11 of 11 Posts