Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This one is usually the biggest if the weather holds...planning on going..
Sept 26th
Beaches Car Show PIR

·
Registered
2,770 Posts
Forecast shows the weather holding through the weekend so we may just pull off the Beaches get together and Independence.
Let's keep our fingers crossed.
If the Wx holds I'll try to get there around 3:30 or so and hold some spots.
DonC

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks DonC.

Plan to come in from some backroad route as I hate that stop/go traffic on Interstate I-5mph

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
I'll be working in the Seattle area so you're going to miss me.

·
Registered
434 Posts
Honey-Do list has been caught up, so I'll be there. 3-3:30 or so.

Don H

·
FFCobra Fanatic
4,082 Posts
Beaches is a NO GO:)sad:) for Mel & I, but we are gonna try to make the run this Sat. down south with everyone!
Butch

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Great turn out...good line up of cobras...rob & I sat on a bench viewing the cars coming in from 3:30 to 6:30 when the line in ended! A rolling car show for only $5.00..beautiful weather to boot.

Can't beat Oregon weather some times...just need to do something about the other 8 months...any suggestions?

·
Registered
2,770 Posts
What a gathering. I would conservatively put an estimate of 1000 cars. I got there around 3:30 and not only was nearly half of the parking area filled but there was a steady stream of cars for the next 3 hours. Always amazed at how much iron there is in a town the size and location of Portland. I'm sure the fact that the weather cooperated beautifully helped.
We became an official landmark around 4:00 or so when someone walking by on a cell phone told whoever he was talking to that he was at "The Cobra Row".
Dave Miller showed up with an attractive blonde (not Mary Lee) and tried to pass her off as his sister in law. Sure Dave. Was all set to start the rumor mill when Mary Lee showed up and verified that it was in fact her sister. If Mary Lee had been 15 minutes later I could really have gotten some tongues wagging.
We ended up with nine cars in the row and got our usual share of attention from the attendees. The organizers were looking for Dave a little later to give him another award for his GT40 but he wasn't around. Needs to start carrying his cell phone.
Had a really pleasant time with an astounding variety of cars and motorcycles to look at. If you couldn't find something you liked there there's something really wrong with you.

Cobra Row

Took this composite around 4:30 hanging off of the perimeter fence.

DonC

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.