Factory Five Racing Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
776 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
CAN I GET ANYONE THAT IS GONNA MEET AT DAVES HOUSE NEXT THURSDAY THE 23RD TO CHIME IN AND IF YOU COULD LET US KNOW WHAT TIME YOU WILL BE ARIVING. TRYING TO GET A 3PM DEPARTURE.

THANKS FREDDIE

HERE IS OUR PLANS.

Dave's adddress is 125 cypress ave santa clara ca 95050.

Here is our plans also

This is our plans for our trip to Huntington Beach. Anyone and everyone if welcome to join us.

We will be leaving Thursday the 23rd the day after my 50th BDAY.
Departing from SJDaves house in Santa Clara in the afternoon. Departure time will depend on who is going with us and when they can get there. We will confirm this as we get closer to the departure day.

Day1 Route: Leaving Santa Clara vis Hwy17th south to Hwy 85 south to Hwy 101. Driving straight thru to Santa Maria. With 1 gas stop along the way. This will be roughly 3 1/2-4 hour drive, roughly 220 miles. We will be staying at the Quality Inn & Suites, 210 Nicholson Avenue, Santa Maria, CA 93454. (805) 922-5891.

Day2 Route: Leaving Quality Inn & Suites Hwy 101 north to Hwy 166 east to hwy 33 South About 65 miles lil over an hour. There is a gas station we will stop at in the town of New Cuyama. This is about 8-10 miles before the turn south on Hwy 33.
Hwy 33 thru the mountains and should be some good twissties and a great drive I hope. alll the way over to Ojai for another stop for fuel and stretching of the legs. About 60 miles 1 hr 20min.
From Ojai Hwy 33 south or west to Hwy 101 south towards Huntington Beach. Exact route will be determined then and how traffic is on which Hwy.

·
Registered
161 Posts
My plans have taken a detour. It appears I will be driving the family down early Friday morning - I'm not going to say in what, just that it's a "family" vehicle.

I'll see you guys at the show.

·
Registered
210 Posts
And I will be flying down on Sat. morning but will be driving back with you guys hoping we still have some open seats :)

Totally looking forward to meeting everyone and seeing all the cool cars in HB!

·
FFR Craftsman
5,824 Posts
I have a new job starting Tue. so no HB this particular year. Drive safe you guys... remember, just because you and Dave race doesn't mean everyone else does. ;)

·
Premium Member
1,042 Posts
My plans have taken a detour. It appears I will be driving the family down early Friday morning - I'm not going to say in what, just that it's a "family" vehicle.

I'll see you guys at the show.
Safe drive down Gary, maybe you can come hang with us Saturday night at the 'Beach House.

And I will be flying down on Sat. morning but will be driving back with you guys hoping we still have some open seats :)

Totally looking forward to meeting everyone and seeing all the cool cars in HB!
I've got an Open seat coming back Morteza....Kevin will have one or two in his truck also!

I have a new job starting Tue. so no HB this particular year. Drive safe you guys... remember, just because you and Dave race doesn't mean everyone else does. ;)
We'll miss you Herman, and yeah we'll take it easy...no median jumping on PCH this year.

I'll ping Chris Berquist to see if he has made a decision to go or not.

Dave

·
Registered
776 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i'm ready i hope

well finally got my intake swap & egr delete, side pipe & header j-pipe repaint all done this past Sunday. with taking a lil vacation to yosimite and being ill for about 2-2 1/2 weeks final drove the car to work today. ready for Thursday. Seems to be running great. we will see gonna take it out at lunch today maybe out to concord and back.

See ya Thursday

·
Premium Member
1,042 Posts
Sounds encouraging Freddie, gonna look nice for the show on Main street!

Hope your test drive goes without problem tomorrow. I checked all the suspension and brakes this past weekend, need to give the Engine Bay a once over then I should be ready. Paint is cut and buffed and waxed....nary a scratch left from pulling the engine 5 times.

See ya Thursday my friend.

Chris Bergquist is not going, he has too much going on right now with vacations and other car events....and a sore back.

So it looks like just me , you and Turbodon at this point for the trip to Santa Maria.

Looking forward to a nice break from work!!:yes:

·
Registered
248 Posts
Happy "Big 5-0" Birthday Freddie!

Hope everyone has a great trip..sorry I won't be there to jump a few medians and add a little excitement into your lives. Freddie: suck down an extra beer for me. I'll be right here with a paintbrush and cleaning supplies finishing my process of trying to erase 28 years of life from this old house. Getting very close now, should have it on the market in 3 weeks. Have also submitted initial conceptual plans for the first "earth roof" residential house that will have ever been constructed in Santa Clara County. Have my first site approval meeting at the county on May12. Interest has been shown by HGTV in filming the construction process, but we'll see how that develops. Been way too busy.:red:
Be Safe and have fun!
John Lipka

Attachments

·
Registered
1,569 Posts
So what was the traffic like getting into and out of LA? When did you leave Sunday?

·
Registered
2,603 Posts
Getting into LA from Ventura was not bad on the 101 to 405. 70 to 75 with just a few slow downs. That was just before Noon. We hit 405 and had a few more slow downs before Culver City where we stopped for lunch.

From Culver City to Huntington Beach was many pockets of slow traffic but it gave many gauckers plenty of time for film snap pics etc while in traffic. Mainly from Culver City until after the airport LAX.

I drove back Sat left show at 1 PM ish. Had a wedding to attend in Clovis, CA. 1hr to get back to 405 then it rained until the grape vine. It rained 3 more times before Clovis then 2 times while at wedding.

I did see the FFR report that I had won Runner up in Coupe. I have Best of show and 2 runner ups in Huntington. Need more Coupes.

·
Registered
1,569 Posts
My coupe has not been baptized with rain yet...and I'm not looking forward to it.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts