Factory Five Racing Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
7,097 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I see in teh FAQ that some folks moved the battery to the front. Are there any pics? Also, where/how do you do it?

·
Premium Member
1,205 Posts
Breeze makes a kit. Call Mark Reynolds. I have the kit, but haven't installed it yet.

·
Premium Member
4,703 Posts
I bought the kit from Breeze as well, I am going to do it this winter. Call Mark @ Breeze. He's very helpful. Bill Knight

·
7,705 Posts
Bought the kit, installed it and it looks great. Still don't have a battery in it yet. I do have some photos of the install, but I am not at home with MY computer. If you still want photos, I can e-mail you some on the 27th.

You won't be sorry with the Breeze kit. It is well designed and installs easy.

Ray

·
Registered
3,160 Posts
Question:
If you move the battery to the front, can that space be used for additional trunk space???

misu

[ December 24, 2002, 06:17 PM: Message edited by: misu ]

·
7,097 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Misu,
I could be wrong but I don't see how it would add trunk space as it hangs umder the frame. I wanted it more accessable without putting it in the trunk.

·
FFCobra Fanatic
4,257 Posts
You could probably re-fabricate the trunk for more space. I know some of the NorCal guys have done this.

I've seen the Breeze stuff and it makes it really easy. I relocated my battery last winter and it was a much bigger job (without any kit) than the tranny replacement that I did. I am very happy with it under there now. Just be prepared for the starter to turn about twice as fast without all that looooong battery cable. :D

·
Registered
366 Posts
I bought the Breeze kit and have installed sucessfully. It's great. The kit does save you trunk space if you run the IRS since the battery does not hang at the axel with an IRS set up.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts