Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Banned
2,257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've a Mk-III, FFMetal's Firewall Forward and expanded footboxes. Is is possible to mount a battery for my 400HP 351W on top of the footbox? Space looks pretty small...

Any pre-fabed battery boxes (other than Breeze's unit for the Mk-III) for mounting between front X-Member and the large round tube?

Sherrell

·
just another builder
8,238 Posts
Do you want the measurements of the Breeze pass footbox battery tray?
I pushed my firewall 3.5" forward and made bigger footboxs to the outside of the curved 2", the breeze tray fit

·
Senior Charter Member
2,017 Posts
I got a smaller battery from "braille".
Havent started it yet (this weekend) but they assured me it would crank the motor.

dave

·
FFCobra Fanatic
4,257 Posts
I have a standard Mustang battery where Cobraless shows his. Battery tray made from the aluminum top of a gas grill bolted to the cross member of the frame and then screwed to the footbox top, just to prevent rattles. Battery has the ground inside the fender and + available in the engine compartment. I've got the solenoid bolted to the side of the tray as well. I used the kit "J" hooks to hold it down with a 3/4 inch square tube on top. It's been like that for 5 years without issue. I do have to remove the intake rubber tube to get it in/out but have never yet had to do this.

·
Junior Charter Member
132 Posts

1 - 7 of 7 Posts