1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Senior Charter Member
1,889 Posts
That’s a nice looking kit but a simple disconnect switch with a removable key might be just as easy and quite a bit cheaper. My battery is I under the trunk floor and I mounted my switch low on the rear bulkhead centered between the seats. If I have to leave the car unattended for awhile I kill the switch, remove the key and put it in my pocket. For the keep alive for computer and radio I ran a wire from the battery side of the switch with an inline fuse. Easy Peesy and less wiring.

·
Baghdad Bob
894 Posts
Mine is similar to dave m. Battery is below floor in trunk and cutoff sw is between seats on rear bulkhead in a lockable cubby that i got from breeze. Its very secure and the master kill prevents power. Drains.

·
Registered
602 Posts
I have the battery disconnect on the back wall between the seats. I have it for security reasons, but use it all the time. Since the battery is under that trunk and hard to get to, I use the battery disconnect for long term storage or when working on the car. When I had to replace the alternator, it was nice to turn a switch vs taking apart the trunk floor and trying to unbolt a battery is a small space.

·
Registered
1,856 Posts
This one mounted on the firewall (with key to the right of it) Kept a 100 dollar cheapo battery good for 11 years(w/ no charger hooked up to the car,ever).As far as I'm concerned their Great :)! And A good anti theft device.
Fixture Gas Auto part Automotive exterior Gadget
Gear shift Motor vehicle Automotive design Automotive lighting Audio equipment

·
FFCobra Fanatic
2,617 Posts
As mentioned, why not just the simple Key Battery Switch and run your "clock etc." off the battery side of the switch. Mine's been like this (keep alive) for over 20yrs without issues. You can put a fuse or CB in the "clock" for safety if worried. I'd put that accessible and the Key Switch in-accessible.

·
Registered
779 Posts
Like others, I just have a simple battery cutoff mounted under the dash on the firewall. Main battery cable from trunk goes to the firewall switch. Honestly, in the 10 years since I finished the build, I have never used it! I am still on the original battery (FF metal trunk mounted) but it stays on a tender. The purpose originally was for theft deterrent and to easily isolate the electrical system for service.

I added the mechanical throttle after I finished the build, or else I would have done things a little different. I wish I would have used a heavier firewall in retrospect. Maybe next build :)

Motor vehicle Vehicle Automotive tire Automotive exterior Gas

Motor vehicle Vehicle Automotive tire Automotive exterior Gas

1 - 8 of 8 Posts