Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Charter Member
2,649 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well here we go again! Jeanne is on her way and everybody is already in the cocked mode. The stress level is off the meter! Yesterday gas lines were 20-40 cars deep, home depot was packed and the food shelves are near empty. Shutters are back up. The good news, (no I didn't save money on my car insurance), all the trees are already down, screen are already blown out and a bunch of trash from Frances is picked up. Less stuff to hit the house. Power company is already saying if power goes out it will be twice the duration since all of the crews are in the Panhandle cleaning up grom Ivan. I was w/o power for 10 days so send batteries and deodorant. I'm signing off for a couple of days to keep my head low, praying for no power outages.
Bob Mac
FFR3981

·
3,217 Posts
At this point, I'd be leaving offerings out for every deity I could think of Bob. Someone in Florida has obviously pissed one of them off. Good luck and be safe.

·
Registered
2,048 Posts
God help us all!

I put wheels on my body buck, and rolled it inside the garage (had it sitting outside for almost 2 years now) when Frances came by. I had visions of a Cobra looking fiberglass boat floating on the lake behind my house.

·
Registered
1,888 Posts
almost makes Winter look good. Ski season is coming in 10 weeks or so.
good luck guys
David w

·
Registered
2,048 Posts
naaah, I'll take 'canes a..n..y..d..a..y

·
Jack of all trades
1,230 Posts
Tell you what - when the 'canes are a-coming, you guys can all come up to Alberta for some northern hospitality (it isn't too cold this time of year - I will even have the cobra out this aft), and when the blizzards are comin' here, we'll head down to visit you in Florida!

We'll bring the

·
Ford Junkie
1,670 Posts
The pending weather in FL is already having effects up here in NC (at least for me). My wife was supposed to go to a conference in Orlando for the week starting Monday. I was looking forward to long nights in the garage with no honey-do's. Now it looks like my plans will be delayed or cancelled. :(

Originally posted by Hank F:
Made the beer,ice and food run yesterday!
I like your priorities

·
Registered
3,217 Posts
Hey gang,

You're all welcome here in San Diego.. year round Cobra weather and only an occasional earthquake...but no Tornados or Hurricanes....

Stay safe!
Ken

·
2,203 Posts
When's FFR coming out with the boat kit? That might be more appropriate for you Florida guys! Holy Cow!!! Where's Noah when you need him! Will this ever end?! You are all in Anne and my prayers...again!!!

·
2,203 Posts
Doh! Double post!

[ September 24, 2004, 06:14 PM: Message edited by: ChrisH ]

·
Senior Charter Member
365 Posts
Bob I feel your pain. I boarded up the windows today and have to go to the island to ride out the storm at the power plant again. During Frances I was in capivity for 5 days. Laurie and the kids will be at home. Hope for the best!

The trade of sunshine for snow is looking better than it has in years!!!!!!!!!!

·
FFCobra Master Craftsman
3,285 Posts
Hey, this is the pits! Had to cancel going to NASA's HPDE at Roebling Road this weekend...that's three track events missed due to hurricanes in about 8 weeks! Had to reinstall the shutters tonight and tomorrow a.m. Bought groceries, batteries and beer this morning, and wired up the generator to the 220 outlet like Kartman taught me, so we're ready for the blow. Will use the down time to plan the next build or something constructive like that! Good luck buddies, see ya after it hits tomorrow night.

·
Registered
2,048 Posts

·
Registered
3,217 Posts
Luis... that's too funny..LMAO Kind of sad though...

Rip,, I know of a few "spinners" but not tornados!

·
Premium Member
9,134 Posts
Best of luck guys. I hope it turns to a gentle breeze.
Mike Forte

·
Sr FFR builder
5,565 Posts
This is definately testing my wifes will to move to Florida, but I am sure that we are still heading there next year.

Hold on to something down there guys. And God Bless.

·
Charter Member
2,649 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Good Morning guys, storm has picked up and the news says it's building to a Cat 3-4. Supposed to come ashore in Stuart, Fl about 8 miles north of me. We are 2 miles from the beach so I'm sure it's ging to be more severe than Frances. My wife is very nervous, tripping over everything moving stuff into the house. Dog is unsettled with the changes in pressure and the winds picking up. Dana (in Stuart) how are you and Marybeth doing? This to will pass but it's a bitch going thru it. Luis, I love the plywood picture. We have to keep our sense of humor in time of stress.
On the future brighter side, Ken Bush, I'm headed out to San Diego Oct 7-11 (hopefully) for my son's wedding. Staying at Marriott Del Mar. If you are in the area maybe we could hook up with you and possibly Sergio? Nice having extended family! It's getting light out now Gotta go finish putting up the final storm panels.
Later.....
Bob Mac
FFR3981

·
Senior Charter Member
295 Posts
John Phillips,

Make sure you've got a power isolator breaker, or at least turn your main breaker off before you plug your generator into your house. You don't want to be the guy who electrocutes a lineman trying to make repairs because you're sending power backwards up the line. It happened up here about 7 years ago when we had an extended power outage due to an ice storm.

Stay safe everybody, and good luck!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts