Factory Five Racing Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2,758 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There will be racing at the new Barber Motorsport Track near Birmingham, AL, May 16-18. The headliner is the Rolex Grand American cars. These are the same that race at the 24 Hours of Daytona and Le Mans. I spoke with track reps while at Talladega and it sounds like quire a weekend. $35 for three days of racing. BTW, this track is FIA sanctioned and is being heralded as one of the finest road tracks in the world.

Any takers?

·
Registered
396 Posts
I will be there for sure. I keep trying to round people up to support the track. I was out that way a couple weeks ago and they were having the private historical car races or some sort. You had to be invited but I saw some of the cars at a gas station. Pretty cool. The only problem I see with the track right now is that it is too private. They are only having 2 public events all year. This Rolex race and then the motorcycle race later in the year. I was expecting them to have more events where we could race maybe the FFRs or other street vehicles. Maybe more SCCA races or something. I think it would be great to get a FFR Spec Racer series going there but it doesn't look too promising. I thought about trying to contact the track just to ask a few questions. I would really like to get into some type of road racing but need to start small, i.e. not traveling the nation. Maybe a semi-monthly race up at Barber would be good.

John

1 - 2 of 2 Posts