Factory Five Racing Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Junior Charter Member
1,053 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it me, or did others find that the
band at the open house was way too loud.
I was frustrated because I could not
have a decent conversation and was not
able to ask any questions without yelling..

Don't get me wrong, I love outdoor concerts
and some of the music was great,but this day was supposed to be a good oportunity to meet some of the others and share information about the cars..

I still was able to come away with some
good information and have a good time.. I hope they tone it down for next year..

Dan

·
6,559 Posts
Agreed. Although a nice jesture on the part of FFR, it really distracted from the conversations. Now if the Hooter girls were there instead, THAT would not be distracting from any conversations.

·
Senior Charter Member
1,028 Posts
I'm with you guys on this one. There were lots of people I wanted to talk with , but didn't even try due to the sound level of the band. They were very good though.

John Minton FFR4174

·
FFCobra Craftsman
1,359 Posts
Guys I am in a band here in Tuscaloosa and I can tell you that it is somewhat difficult to get the sound levels just right for outdoor concerts. Sound dissipates so quickly outside that some sound guys overcompensate with volume. If it were my gig, I would want someone in the audience to tell us we were too loug - not insulting at all. Just tell the sound guy between songs to turn it donw a notch or two.

·
FFCobra Fanatic
418 Posts
The band wasn't that bad, but I agree it was way to loud. Maybe the band should have been over near the vendors! Anyway when I'm around cars, like at shows, I like older music like Jan & Dean, Beach Boys ect. I have to admit I did have a good time and there were some "HOT" cars there. FF put on quite a show, I'll have to give it a thumbs up. And next year as Arnold would say- "I'll be back".

·
FFCobra Master Craftsman
1,500 Posts
i agree with all you guys. I am a guitar player myself and I love my amp on 10, but.... at this venue when you are meeting people and trying to talk with them, there is no need for the band and especially at those levels. actually the cds they played inbetween the band was perfect, good music and at the right level.

·
4,703 Posts
I heard the band memebers saying the same thing about our cars. Nice cars, but too loud! No need for those loud side pipes! ;)
This is what it's like listening to music without

The band was there for us, to make our day more enjoyable. Thank You Band!

[ June 19, 2005, 08:40 AM: Message edited by: Knight ]

·
Registered
1,907 Posts
Some of the band members are actual FFR employees...Just remember your comments about the band the next time you need a left handed billet muffler bearing and FFR is the only one around whose got one!!! :D ;)

(Reminds me of Eddie Murphy acting as the Chinese restaurant waiter -- "Ve-ly funny ve-ly funnie make-y fun make-y fun, I have SPECIAL egg roll for you!!!")

·
Official Member of the Unofficial "First 500 Club"
3,007 Posts
I agree also that the band was a bit too loud when trying to hold on a conversion with others.

However, I would like to thank the band for their playlist. Sorry if I am offending anyone, but it is so nice NOT to hear 50's and 60's music at a car event! I turned 39 yesterday and the band played music that I listen to and they did it very well. Oh, and just for the record, I DON'T have a mullet...........ok, I did back in the day. I attend some cruise nights where they play all that 50's and early 60's stuff at level "11" - I assume that is because the people from that era have lost their hearing. ;)

·
Registered
123 Posts
The band was good, but too too too loud. Everyone has said what was on my mind already. FFR was graciuos in setting up some entertainment, but we could do without the sound level.

My Dad and Mother came with my wife and I to see the spectacle, but we actually left early because of the sound level etc., etc.

DC

·
Senior Charter Member
309 Posts
Hi guys, joe here. No offense taken. as Mark W. mentioned, it is difficult to get the sound levels correct outside. (especially with the dyno close by)i would like to apologize for making anyone's open house experience less enjoyable, which was certainly not the band's intention. joeffr.

·
FFCobra Master Craftsman
2,078 Posts
Joe,
I used to play in a band and it is tough to please everybody. If you were right in the front for near the band it was a little tough to carry on a conversation. Away from the front I thought it was fine. It's tough playing outdoors. Either way, I liked the set list. As stated before the 50's music at car shows is a little overdone. I'm 33 and I enjoyed the variety of songs played. Thanks for taking the time to play for us,
Doug

·
Senior Charter Member, ,
153 Posts
Ok Ok point taken
Next Year we'll have the oompa band
LOL
just kidding
Joe has said that he will tone it down for next year.
Yes our own Joe F renowned tech geru is in The band (50 purple )
Thanks for the comments guys They really are welcome and noted for next year.
Mark Dougherty

·
Registered
9,941 Posts
"If it's too loud, you're too old"

Cub Coda

:D

1 - 19 of 19 Posts