Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
FFCobra Fanatic
3,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Installing the ball joints must be some kind of test of body strenght& possison of "do not give up" mid set. Put one in by myself and it took ever once of body strenght I have plus a fart! My son helped out on the second one.Today my body hurts...asthough I just came from a work out at the gym. Dan D. the NS 95's you sold me came out great..look like new now.

·
Registered
87 Posts
I had the same problem with my ball joints. Good luck and merry christmas.

·
FFCobra Master Craftsman
8,694 Posts
Glad you got them in. I got one in very easily but my second was so hard that I thought I stripped the threads. I was really sweating that one because replacing one would probably mean buying a pair and would probably also mean a 2-month backorder. Luckily it worked out. I need to get them spot welded once the car is running.

·
The Traveler
3,106 Posts
Are these the press in ball joints for the front control arm or thread in ones? If the thread in style I put mine in a vise and spin the control arm around them to thread them on. I have replaced them once so far on the upper front control arms, and removed them the same way.

Just have to get the vice to clamp on the those thin flats of the ball joint. Then let the leverage of the control arm do the work.

·
5,559 Posts
good tip, Ralph!

·
FFCobra Addict
925 Posts
If you were farting from the ball joints, be sure to have tissue around when you start the wiring.... :D

·
FFCobra Fanatic
3,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thread in ones....took so much effort that the ancors to my vise stand came out!!!! I had to redrill the wholes deeper and put in longer ancors. Had to attach a 4 foot bar to the rachet handle.

·
Premium Member
9,698 Posts
Grease the internal threads with some anti seeze, and make sure they go on straight. They still go in stiff, but the anti seeze makes it much easier.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.