Factory Five Racing Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,689 Posts
Don't know the size, but it is a unique switch that uses a spring loaded detent ball that makes contact with something inside the transmission, to make the switch contacts close or open. Your local Ford parts dept has them.

·
Senior Charter Member
768 Posts
Don't know about the T5 but my tremec had grooves but no threads. I tried several nuts but couldn't find one to work. Ended up using the female end of a bullit connector.

·
Senior Charter Member
568 Posts
I guess this is another one of those parts I didn't plan on. Are you saying there's a switch that plugs into the area that's circled in the picture that controls the backup lights? Joe

·
Premium Member
16,318 Posts
That is the switch in the circled area but there is a short harness that connects to it in order to interface with the Mustang harness.

Sorry, can't help with the thread size.

Cheers, Rod

·
16,719 Posts
They are ribbed studs. They use a push on connector. Kind of like the old Ford Starter solenoids used. You could just pull them off. Hence no thread size. And you can't use ring style terminal ends as they would touch due to the distance between the studs.
We may be able to get the plug for you if you need it.
Paul
Forte's Parts Connection
781-273-9900

[ August 22, 2005, 04:55 PM: Message edited by: Cobra Cory ]

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Premium Member
16,318 Posts
OK, that just shows you how things can be interpreted. Is he talking about the connector studs or the size of the thread in the casing itself?? :confused: I assumed the latter but I think Paul may be right. :D

Cheers, Rod

·
Charter Member
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I was trying to find a way to connect my two wires which feed the back up lights - I thought they were threaded - I suppose I could solder the wires to the studs then shrink wrap the ends. Thanks for all the replies.
Roland

·
Premium Member
9,689 Posts
Almost any parts store has insulated push on pig tail connectors. I would try that before soldering directly to the connector.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts