Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Master Paint Chipper
1,374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
More of my backordered stuff came today, Side Pipes, rear control arms, and lower front control arms. Thanks FFR and Mark Weber. Now I can jump into my build. Only things left are my tail lights and seat belts.

By the way, the FFR control arms are great, and look super in black powder coat.

Picked up FFR 5195K on May 8th.

Matt

·
Premium Member
516 Posts
Matt, did you get coated sidepipes, or regular ones?

·
15,282 Posts
Matt --

How long ago was shipment of the kit, compared to shipment of backorder items? Some of us are keeping a very close eye on this as our ship dates and builds get closer! Thanks.

Cheers, John

·
FFCobra Fanatic
891 Posts
Glad to hear this. I have not gotten any backordered items and I picked up on May 15th. Hopefully they will come soon. I am anxious to get started!

·
Really Senior Member
540 Posts
Hmmm. May 1st ship, and I still haven't got squat. But, I've called. And I've sent e-mails. And I'm still tryin to be patient. But it's getting harder every day. And it's important suspension stuff too.

·
3,798 Posts
Mine was picked up by Stewart on the 7th of May. Have received some of the BO stuff (seats, side pipes, tail lights, rear coilover springs) but the parts I really want, the lower control arms, have not arrived yet. If you received yours, maybe mine are with UPS on the way to California.

·
Master Paint Chipper
1,374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Sal, My pipes came unfinished as ordered.

I'm only missing my seat belts and tail lights at this point, but I needed the suspension parts to start the build.

It was about 5 weeks from my pick up date.

Could be 68GT, I'm only 2 hrs from FFR so my stuff got here pretty quick.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Mine was shipped April 17th and i have still not recieved the seats and some emergency brake hardware. I am wondering why it is that some people that got their cars after me are getting their back ordered parts before me!
I have called and emailed, but it seems to do no good!

·
Registered
584 Posts
My kit got to me on May 29th. Most of my back order stuff I don't need until way later in my build. I ordered the front lower control arms, and they came with the kit. However I have the front suspension put together and ready to start on the rear 3 link and instead I'm sitting here twidling my thumbs. I called factory five on Tuesday and got someones voice mail. I left a message and all 3 of my phone numbers and nothing. So I called again today. I was told they had my rear lower control arms and the springs for my rear coil overs would be in this week. Then they asked me if I wanted them to ship them to me. No I want factory five to keep them there and hold me up even longer, YES I want them shipped. They acted like they were going to wait until they had every thing put toget her and ship it then. It's like they wouldn't have shipped my back ordered parts if I didn't call. I hope the rest of back orders go easier than that! Good luck to all of us with back order parts, and oh yea our builds if we get them.

·
Junior Charter Member
364 Posts
Who at Factory Five did you email to inquire about backorders?

I'm anxious to receive my driver's side IRS lower control arm.

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
Try Chris Sigman. Nice guy. Solved my stuff immediately.

[email protected]

BTW, it was 4 months between original ship date and order complete, and a fair amount of whining. I also changed my sidepipes from coated to plain to get 'em faster.

All the best,
Tag

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.