Factory Five Racing Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
FFCobra Fanatic
2,266 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Life has been crazy since last fall. I'd taken a job in Boston 2 years ago and had been making the 65 mile commute (one way) long enough.

We bought a place 4 miles from the interstate on the MA border in Salem, NH shaving 35 miles off the 65 mile commute.

The catch here is the place my wife "had to have" well, lets just say it had "good bones". Somehow I got tagged to do a major part of the remodeling. I just finished installing a complete gourmet kitchen myself (walls, cabinets, flooring, lighting, you name it) so I am starting to come up for air!

I've been so intensely focused in order to complete it before spring it has reminded me of the Cobra build a few years ago
- every night, weekend, holiday, vacation. You get it. So I have rarely even had time go online.

The really good news though is I did farm out the job of adding a 3rd bay to the garage for the cobra which is just being finished up! I'm planning to go whole hog on the inside of this bay - heat, checkerboard floor, full bench with fancy cabinets & lighting, etc. You know the drill.

In any event as I said I am starting to come up for air and just wanted to say hello to you all. I'm looking forward to "getting back in the groove" here. I've been poking around a bit to see how the event calendar has been shaping up and if nothing else will see many of you at the Open House on 6/18.

Take care!
-Matt

·
FFCobra Master Craftsman
511 Posts
Hi Matt,

You must be the Blue/White FFR I’ve seen see cruising around from time to time. I'm next door in Pelham. Know all about the remodeling, spent three years non-stop on my place with more to go and hit the wall. I've been trying to convince the wife that taking a time out on the house and building the car was necessary for my sanity.

Regards,
John

·
1,018 Posts
Hello Matt. Good to have ya back.

Doug

·
Mountain Snake
701 Posts
Welcome back Matt

Stefan

·
Charter Member
3,431 Posts
Matt,
Glad to see your earning your keep with all the remodeling but it's spring time, so I hope your car has a fresh coat of wax and ready to go. I'd like to get rid of your bodybuck in June and make it to the open house so save me a spot. See you there.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts