Factory Five Racing Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
All of the traveling AZ Cobra members are back safely from Knotts. The return was uneventful...only 1 mishap on the return trip. Someone spilled a bunch of gas on the ground.

The trip out was a different story. Our pace car...and never let a women lead...speeds over 100 were happening. Any way her car decided to have a fight with the tranny and lost. A stop over at the ford dealership in Indio and a rental car in hand we continued. Bets..was not satisfied .. she went from a SVO Taurus V8 to a tiny Focus...

I lost my licence plate as the bracket broke. Fortunatly one of the following cars found it and picked it up. Paul G. Lost his plate. Oh by the way his wife was driving the Taurus.

Jerry N sets the world slow speed record for driving to Knotts. He left at 4:30 am, met up with us just the otherside of the California Border. His average speed for time traveled...33 MPH. Radiator cap problems for him.

Just past the windmills in we encountered 45 minutes of rain...it's amazing how dry you can be at speed.

Enjoyed meeting everyone at knotts seeing old faces and getting to know new ones.

On the way home Ginny was in heaven..she bought the red rodster that was there on Sunday.

Oh, by the way a Focus will do over 100 MPH.

Mike

·
THRAMP-master
3,473 Posts
Glad y'all came out. I got to see a car that I'd been wanting to for awhile (Kevin Young's for its A/C setup).

·
Charter Member
137 Posts
Well, Call the Ford Dealer this morning and they hoped that it might just need a valve body rebuild but it wasn't to be, the tranny is toast. They don't stock SHO trannys so one is being shipped from SF, hopefully the car will be done Thursday.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts