Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know I’m being a little impatient but I ordered the kit 7 months ago. got the kit a month ago and missing an enormous amount of parts. How often are people Recieving POL? I have not gotten 1 box. I know the shipping issue and such but from what I have seen this has been an issue for a long time.

·
Registered
6,022 Posts
I've done five kits over 10+ years. Historically, POL items were closed out within several months of kit delivery. With possibly an outlier or two because of a specific issue. That has all changed over the past couple years for reasons that have been widely discussed and isn't going to be resolved soon. Not for lack of effort if you've watched the Facebook videos from Dave Smith. My truck kit, delivered in January of this year, took six months to fill the POL items. From what I can tell based on multiple posts, while some key items have been resolved (spindles, gas tanks, wheels, etc.) the situation is still tough and you're looking at some months to get everything. I wouldn't overstay my welcome. But there's no reason you shouldn't be able to get a status of your backordered parts. At least enough that you should know what to expect.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I've done five kits over 10+ years. Historically, POL items were closed out within several months of kit delivery. With possibly an outlier or two because of a specific issue. That has all changed over the past couple years for reasons that have been widely discussed and isn't going to be resolved soon. Not for lack of effort if you've watched the Facebook videos from Dave Smith. My truck kit, delivered in January of this year, took six months to fill the POL items. From what I can tell based on multiple posts, while some key items have been resolved (spindles, gas tanks, wheels, etc.) the situation is still tough and you're looking at some months to get everything. I wouldn't overstay my welcome. But there's no reason you shouldn't be able to get a status of your backordered parts. At least enough that you should know what to expect.
Awesome I will have to check the videos out. I don’t mind waiting but at the same time I can not move much further without some parts. As long as some parts start to trickle in I’ll be good. I will give them a call next week to get an update.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Picked mine up March 5th and I’m just missing rear sway bar links. I believe it was right around the one month mark when boxes started arriving. You can always email them and ask.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Picked mine up March 5th and I’m just missing rear sway bar links. I believe it was right around the one month mark when boxes started arriving. You can always email them and ask.
I emailed them Monday but I’m sure they were OOO for thanksgiving I’ll give it till Wednesday before I reach out again. After this weekend I won’t have much more to do till I get the motor/trans in

1 - 6 of 6 Posts