Factory Five Racing Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Junior Charter Member
423 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has there been an improvement for the autowelds by any other manufacturer? I am tired of wheel hop. Recent recommendations is what I am looking for. thanks

·
FFCobra Fanatic
4,035 Posts
Improvements? I don't know. I installed "adjustable upper Auto-Welds"(brand name) controll arms in my MKI after I got rid of quad schocks to run bigger tires and to stop "wheelhop" Auto-Welds did the job, but they also stiffened up the ride(no tire rub on dips,ect). Just saying--
hth
Butch

PS
With the "Auto-Welds" and my M/T Drag radials, I could lift front wheels @ the drag strip.

·
Registered
433 Posts
X-2 on the autowelds. My Mk 1 is now rock solid.

Don H

·
FFCobra Captain
11,674 Posts
The hardest part of installing the auto-welds is getting the rubber bushings out of the rear end.

Spend the money and get the bushing removal tool from Maximum Motorsports.
Rear Upper Control Arm Bushing Tool

It turns a difficult job into something very easy to do. With the tool, you can easily get them out with the car on jackstands.

·
Junior Charter Member
423 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the heads up on those bushings. They can be a pain. In the past set them on fire and force out , literally. Not on this car !!

·
Registered
853 Posts
Thanks, just checking on any updates is all. So tired of wheel hop.
Forgive me if I am wrong - I had "hop" also on hard launch, I moved the upper tubulars to the lower mounting hole - problem solved.
I started in the middle set of holes ( MK II )
I did have to make access panels in the rear bulk head to get the bolts in - just riveted plates over them for easier access if I ever need to move them again.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts