Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
have autometer part number 201975 from ffr been looking all over the forum for answers. come up with the guage is 240 empty and 33 ohm full. bought the sender from ford listed on the forum but it came with 5 screws instead of the clamp ring. said to myself i will try but the hole is too big so the screws wont work. now im lost and loosing money does anyone know the autometer guage i should be using with the stock sender or a diffrent sender i can use. the guages i have are from ffr with the reverse spedo box says 2" fuel level 16e/158f but instructions say 240ohm empty and 33 ohm full.also tried the stock sender and bone dry it reads 1/2 tank.pleeeeese help

·
Premium Member
12,393 Posts
Autometer makes almost all their fuel gauges in four models compatible with most senders (including the Ford 16-158). However, all autometer gauge part numbers are 4 digits, so the number in your post must be FFRs part number, which is useless. Does the gauge have a number stamped on the back?

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
there are 2 stickers one has 287/03 201975r5 the other has 2511-156a

·
Premium Member
12,393 Posts
Autometer's website is just about toast due to reconstruction, but 2511 shows as a fuel pressure gauge. Are you sure of the number?

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
just went out and checked again and thats the number on the sticker. its funny because its on a warning label that says if connected wrong could cause a fire but it is for fuel level not preasure says fuel level on front of gauge. i wonder if they missmarked the unit and its wrong? is there anyway to check it? :confused:

·
Premium Member
12,393 Posts
I think you got some kind of mutant mixed up gauge. If you bought it from FFR have them exchange it for you.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.