Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
1,418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went to check out Gordons Friday. Awwwsome place!!
A cool guy, and he really knows his $#!t about FFR's. Anyway I was checking :rolleyes: out this 95% complete red MarkII FFR and I noticed it had the new Autometer 427 S/C gauges!! (Thay look a lot like Smith gauges) Now my question is which ones are mechanical and which ones are electrical?? I really want to install these gauges because I think thay will be much more reliable, and thay look
AWWWSOME!!

Later
Larry D.

P.S. Hay Mike Mondie you ever going to call me!!
I really want to check out your build up so far.

·
Charter Member
82 Posts
These aren't in a car, but it is pics I found of the gauges.

Standard 427 gauge set:
4" Tach 8,000 rpm
4" Speedo 0-180 mph reverse rotation
2" Mechanical Oil Pressure 0-100 psi
2" Mechanical Water Temperature
2" Mechanical/Oil Temperature
2" Volt
2" Electrical Fuel level (no sender)

Suggested retail price - $675
HDR price - $525

You can get them here http://www.hdrcoupe.com/html/AutoMeterGauges.html

[ July 27, 2002, 09:49 AM: Message edited by: Rob Adkins ]

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
I think these are the gauges that I have.
Don't forget you need a reversing gearbox for the speedo. About $ 96.00 from speedo service in Michagan. It's made by S-W so there may be a deal elsewhere. Mike mack sold them for less about a year ago.
jack

·
Charter Member
483 Posts
The Spedo is Mech.

I got my set from tristate - good pricing

Note: Temps ate in deg C. and Fuel is not necasarily compatable with the mustang sender.

·
FFCobra Fanatic
871 Posts
The fuel guage is NOT compatible with the Mustang sender. Buy the fuel sender along with the guages. The Autometer sender is much better made than the Ford sender.

What I liked most about these guages is that since they are exact replacements for the Smiths' guages, they fit the FFR dash holes perfectly.

·
Registered
3,154 Posts
I need a couple sets of these gauges.

The HDR website seems to be a source.

Roger

[ July 28, 2002, 11:22 AM: Message edited by: Roger ]

·
Registered
918 Posts
Tri State is a warehouse distributor for these gauges and also an advertiser here. I sell the same gauges for 475.00 every day price and will give discounts for muliple sets. also I have a special gauge that we sell that works with the mustang sender.If anyone wants a flyer on these gauges send me an e mail with you snail mail address and I will send it out to you.

·
FFCobra Fanatic
871 Posts
I bought mine from TriState and I would not go anywhere else for them. Mike advertises here and he knows these cars. His price was the best on the guages, the sender and reverser. At the time I ordered he didn't have a fuel guage for the Ford sender, so it is even more of a no-brainer to buy from Cobraman.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts