Factory Five Racing Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Charter Member
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Mike,

I received the Auto-Meter gauges and they look great.

I'm beginning the install process and have a couple of questions.

1. The mech. water temp connects to the lower intake manifold where the original 5.0 sender is located. The 1/2" NPT Adapter Fitting is too large. I'm assuming I need part #2263 3/8" NPT Adapter Fitting. Do you carry?

2. I have the donor speedo cable. Can I use this? T-5 trany.

3. What sending wire do I connect the Tach to from the orginal wiring harness (1989 5.0)?

Thanks for your help and excellent service as always.

·
Registered
918 Posts
Yes I do have the adapter if you need one.The donor cable will work you need to put a slit in the end and use a hose clamp to hold it on, I lso have new cables if you need one.
I am pretty sure the wire you need is the small tan one in the mustang dash plug.I am at home and don't have my book or a car here to look at.
If you have the white cluster box with the printed circut on the back it will telll you what wires are in the plugs. Look at where the gauges go in the printed circut board and you will see the post coming thru the board into the metal clip if you look close you will see lettered in the circut what that terminal is for, then you follow the copper strip back to the plug, the wire in the plug that matches the copper strip is the one that feeds the circut. hope this helps. ;)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts