Ok, here's my contribution. Sorry, if I missed these in the above posts. Some of these, like some other suggestions, are not 427 Cobra exclusive:
1. Soft top and/or snaps & door ferrules.
2. Rookie stripes.
3. Extended hood scoop.
4. Hood scoop "grille" (perforated sheet metal).
5. Headlamp rock guards/grilles.
6. Oil cooler lines should be black fabric hose.
7. "Kidney Bean" wheels.
8. Quick jacks should be two-piece & welded with the correct mounting points & shape. And, the sleeves should be shortened.
9. Side exhausts should be longer. They should extend to just before the front of the wheel arch.
10. Under-car exhaust.
11. Trunk rack.
12. Wire wheels.
13. Grille bar/splitter.
14. Wind wings.
15. Plexi visors.
16. Relocated gas cap (behind passenger area).
17. Hood louvers -yes, many race cars had them.
18. Single drivers "race seat."
19. SCCA & SAAC decals (windshield).
20. SCCA tech inspection decal (roll bar).
21. 'USA' euro badge/decal on trunk.
22. Racing windscreen.
24. Door hinge covers.
25. Raydot or Talbot mirrors.
26. Rotunda or Sun short-sweep tach.
27. Door frame aluminum trim (Dark Water).
28. Rubber shift boot.
29. Fire extinguisher.
30. Hoop mounted grab handle.
A forum community dedicated to Factory Five owners and enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about performance, racing, conversions, modifications, troubleshooting and drivetrain. We discuss MK4, GTM, 818, Type 65 coupe, roadsters, and more!