Factory Five Racing Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

3,672 Posts
I have a long list of items I have done to make my car more original looking. In the rear I have opted for the full drop butt, rectangular tail lights and a correct trunk lid with the hidden hinges:

In the front I had Ken shave off the turn signal boss and smooth the area with the natural contour like the original so when the turn signal (with a clear lens) is mounted it will point slightly down and out like the original Cobras. I have also had Ken add the correct lip between the radiator opening and the oil cooler opening which was done after this photo was taken.

Here is my oil pan from Avaid.

And a photo of the exact same engine as I have for my build with the exception that I will be running the Electromotive Tech 3 engine management system that gets rid of the distributor.

Along with these I have also done that same changes I did on FFR-2225 that I built for Boyd McMullan that were all a first for the FFR body which were the hidden rocker panel bolts, rolled cockpit edge, 3/4' round tube hood frame.
I will add more to this list later, Don

3,672 Posts
The trunk lid is from Cutting Edge Replicas and does fit the FFR with very little work to finish. In my case Ken had to do more work because I started with a lid that was a little out of shape which I got a great deal on.
Don

3,672 Posts
Pat, I went on the conservative side when I lowered my roll bar 1-3/4". As for the rectangular tail lights it doesn't take that much work to install them, do keep in mind that the rectangular tail lights are not as bright as the round tail lights.
289 FIA, your correct in that all of the original Cobras had fiber glass foot box's.
Don

3,672 Posts
If your going to do the Cobra surge Tank then the water outlet to the radiator is on the Drivers side.
Finish Line sells a surge tank kit that allows you to set it up for left or right side outlet:
http://www.finishlineaccessories.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=30&products_id=112
and here is another tank from Finish Line that's not quite as original looking
as I would like:
http://www.finishlineaccessories.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=30&products_id=110
Don

3,672 Posts
Beautiful Todd, at first look I would say a very nice Webber setup but I do believe I see a throttle position sensor which makes this a very nice looking fuel injection system. Who makes it and what info do you have to share with us here.
Don

3,672 Posts
Larry, I think it would be a great idea to add this thread to the FAQ area and updated as needed as time goes by.
Don

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.