Factory Five Racing Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
FFCobra Craftsman
877 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

We'll be adding a new source of information and entertainment for the ffcars members. We'll be doing a web magazine. A number of people have volunteered to write articles but we're looking for some more.

If you have:
Driven a GT40 (hmmm wonder who that might be?)
Driven a Daytona
We're looking for you to write some "first drive" articles.
If you have:
Had a great road trip
A terrible road trip
An encounter with aliens where you were driving in the desert, all of a sudden your cobra's power fails, the car coast to a stop, you see a bright object drop from the sky, and the next thing you remember, you wake up naked with your cobra no where in site. Well we're looking for you to write something up.

What regular columns would you be interested in? Test drives? Head to Head comparison (get your neighbor to lend you his Z06 and drive the sh*t out of it and write about how much better your cobra is). Feature Articles.

We want this to vary from the FAQ. While it will have tech type articles, they'll be specific how to's, otherwise we want to get to a regular magazine type feel where the issue is entertaining. Think of it as it as the "Mustang 5.0" equivalent for the cobra crowd.

Here's some of the articles that are potentials for the first issue:
- ground affect aerodynamics for your FFR. This ones being researched and written by a professional mechanical engineer who minored in aircraft aerodynamics ... hmmm ... wonder who that might be :D . In theory this would add downforce to the car allowing for better cornering.
- A how to article for stripping, polishing and painting those turbines to get the most out of them.
- A test drive of a FFR spec racer and how it compared to a stock FFR car
- Whatever else comes up.

Here's a pic of a first draft cover. We want to have the hard copy magazine feel and look to the zine, while getting away from the standard web page format.

So give us your input on what you'd like to see, ideas on format, volunteer a FFR buddy to write an article, send in pics and all that stuff.

·
Senior Charter Member
1,814 Posts
I can't wait for this. I think tech articles that compare heads or intakes, how to install certain parts (3 link, brake upgrades), even driving tips and set-up's for autocross and road courses would be great. Here in the Pacific North West, we don't have alot of racing available but I love to read up and be prepared when it does come around. Keep up the great work.

--------------------
Carman

My donor for FFR3???.
"Just a Ford type of guy"

A new study shows that 5 out of 4 people have problems with fractions.

·
FFCobra Fanatic
658 Posts
There is a wealth of topics to be found just searching the past postings. IE. wheel/tire combinations, and what fits what. I'm personally guilt in keeping that subject alive. But, there are sooo many things that keep resurfacing as new members keep "discovering" the same "opportunities" as those before have.

I look forward to the first "issue"...

·
Senior Charter Member
1,814 Posts
I agree about the past posting, but I'd like to see more info like flow numbers and performance data as opposed to "Use the Trick Flows they flow better." I want to know how much better? With what setup? Any tips to get to those numbers? Dare I say I want to see more meat? Okay, how about more filling, more details. That sounds better.

--------------------
Carman

My donor for FFR3???.
"Just a Ford type of guy"

A new study shows that 5 out of 4 people have problems with fractions.

·
FFCobra Craftsman
1,067 Posts
I'd like to see some sort of "garage how to" section. Something devoted to the do-it-yourself kind of people. It could include things such as how to weld up your steering shaft, how to replace suspention bushings, how to trim a wiring harness, etc. I get so tired of seeing posts were someone asks "how do I do XXXXX", and the only replies are "send it to YYYYY" or "buy one from ZZZZZ". There's nothing on these cars you can't do yourself, just sometimes more details and pictures are needed.

Greg

[ June 18, 2002, 03:13 PM: Message edited by: GregR ]

·
FFCobra Craftsman
877 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Good points guys. That’s the sort of content we’re looking for. We’re not looking to rehash the FAQ, rather provide more magazine type content. Keep your thoughts coming and if you’re interested in writing an article, please let me know.

Thanks,

1 - 6 of 6 Posts