Factory Five Racing Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
634 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thought I would start a thread on my build (even though I don't have the kit yet). I can still go ahead and post about my planning. This is what I have so far:

Purchased Complete Kit from Factory Five Racing on February 12, 2014. Ready for shipping on March 1. Stewart Transport will be delivering the "Baby". The options that I purchased from Factory Five (during their 50/50 sale) are: Headers, Vintage Gauge Set, Powder Coat Frame, Body Cut-Outs, Vinyl Seats (for weather), 3-Link Rear Suspension, 17" Halibrand (9" & 10.5") Wheels, Stainless Side Pipes, Stainless Bumpers (Front & Rear), Wind Wings, Sun Visors, Heater, Wipers, Battery Cut-Off Switch, Chrome Roll Bars (Driver & Passenger), Rollbar Grommet Sets, Seat Track, 11.65" Rear Brakes, 8.8" Rear Axle (3.55).

I have purchased the tires already. They are Nitto NT555's, 245 front and 315 rear.

Other options that I am considering are: Glovebox, Clear Powder Coat Aluminum Panels, Polk Audio Speakers with Rockford Fosgate 400 Watt Amp and I-Pad attachment, Aluminum Fan Shroud, Engine Compartment Battery Mount, Upgrade Upper & Lower Radiator Tubes, Cobra Car Weathershield HP Car Cover, Seat Heaters, Side View and Rear View Mirror Attachments to Windshield, Vinyl Door Panels, Seat Belt Trim Bezels, Meatballs, Vintage Decals, Team Stripes, Cobra Nose, Deck, Steering Wheel, and Gear Shift Emblems, Side Pipe Heat Shields, 427 Side Emblems, Russ Thompson Turn Signal, Under Dash Filler Panel, Damplifier and Heat Wave Pro (Cockpit and Trunk), Trunk Carpet with Cobra Emblem Sewn-In, Dual 12-Volt Power Outlets, and a few others.

Attachments

·
Registered
634 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Busy Weekend

I was able to get a body buck from a friend (Ski Bum Vince:wave:) in SLC. As you can see, I was able to hang it from the ceiling in the garage. I just hope the body fits - I think it will. I also installed four additional fluorescent lights for added lighting in the garage. I still have to install outlets in the ceiling for power. I'll do that this week. Ship date is coming soon. Be ready to ship this Saturday, March 1.

Photo 1.jpg

Photo 2.jpg

Photo 3.jpg

Photo 4.jpg

·
Registered
634 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Look what came yesterday. My wife had to come and get me out of the garage at 10:10 pm last night for bed. She wanted to know if I wanted to sleep with her or with my new girlfriend. I was smart and didn't answer that one!!

Attachments

·
Senior Charter Member
1,486 Posts
Congratulations on the delivery. (And the weather was great yesterday, too.)

Now the fun really begins.

·
Registered
584 Posts
Look what came yesterday. My wife had to come and get me out of the garage at 10:10 pm last night for bed. She wanted to know if I wanted to sleep with her or with my new girlfriend. I was smart and didn't answer that one!!
Looks great! I think you will find with trying to turn this project around in a year that you will be spending a few late nights in the garage with new mistress... I know i did!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts