Factory Five Racing Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
THRAMP-master
3,473 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Arizona rocks! I registered 3639 there Monday. Took about 2 hours, a little longer than some who registered in Arizona - but all my previous DMV encounters have been with California, and there I would have been wrangling for two weeks to accomplish the same thing.

It could have been even shorter: as it turns out, they told me they don't even inspect the car when you're registering with a MCO! However, they asked me if I'd added anything else to the car, and not being quick enough to think two moves ahead, I blurted out "yes, I used the engine and transmission from this car" (brandishing the Mustang's title). Oops! Now it's new construction and needs an inspection. No big deal: it has 4 wheels, lights (they didn't even check to see if they work), a windshield...

There was some debate over what it was - for some reason, the inspector listed make as "Migi", said that's what all special-construction cars were listed as. ????Finally got that changed to "Ford". No problem with year of the car as a 1965, but there was more debate over month & year first registered. At first they were going to put the current date (and charge about $250), but aparently the system won't let them, so they entered that as 1965 also. Ah, much better - about $30! And they even let me transfer the plates (THRAMP) from the Mustang.

Relatively painless, all things considered. I spent the rest of the day looking for insurance, and finally took THRAMP for its first legal trip that evening... but that's another story!

·
5,210 Posts
Yup,

Arizona rocks as far as regestering these cars.

Now if we can do something about the harsh sun and heat. :D

Mike

·
FFCobra Fanatic
1,132 Posts
Bwana50,

I can't believe that you are that far along with your build. We had our cars delivered the same day. My frame isn't even painted yet, as I am Retro fitting the IRS. I wish I had ordered the IRS up front. I think we need to see some pictures of your progress.

I'm gonna go out in the garage, stare at my car, and cry.

See Ya

Jeff E.

[ September 26, 2002, 01:49 PM: Message edited by: J-MAN ]

·
1,418 Posts
Hay mikiec!! Think I could go ahead and get my registation and plate now while I'm still in the build stage!!

Larry D.

·
THRAMP-master
3,473 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
J-Man -

If it helps any, I'm not as far along as it sounds. I wanted to get it registered and insured, so it's "just the basics" now: no carpet, Frankenstein dash (made with spare sheet of aluminum and donor gauge cluster), wires for lights are just twisted together, haven't done anything with the body, etc.) Still much work to do - but dammit it's fun to drive!

·
FFCobra Fanatic
690 Posts
Bwana50, you've got mail.

Greg

·
Registered
315 Posts
Mikie, you can do something about the heat and sun. A top and an airconditioner. The AC was very easy. Don

·
5,210 Posts
Don,

You should have told me that 2+ years ago during the build.

Actually I have Ginny hold an umbrella over my head while driving. Boy are her arms getting tired. :D :D :D

Mike

·
5,210 Posts
Larry,

Wait 'til Mike Mondie gets his plate and go steal it.

Mike

·
THRAMP-master
3,473 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Racerdon - how did you do your A/C? Got pictures?

·
FFCobra Fanatic
762 Posts
Mike,
Hey what did I do
By the time I'm done with my new game plan I say "you can have it if you can catch it" (Gordon not included) You guys will get plenty of viewing of my plate...from behind!

I've been thinking about the APE top recently, have any of you gone by the APE shop?

Mike

·
THRAMP-master
3,473 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
have any of you gone by the APE shop?
I did in January, and later bought one of his tops. I haven't yet gotten to the point of fitting it on the car.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts