Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Junior Charter Member
1,637 Posts
Those are what I am using in black. I installed them a couple weeks ago. I had to replace the hold down allen cap screws with ones 1/2 inch longer, because I have Ford Racing aluminum valve covers. I picked up the cap screws at McMaster & Carr,
HTH
Tim

·
Junior Charter Member
1,637 Posts
I forgot, I am also using Ford Racing 8 MM Spark Plug wires so I had to drill out the holes for the spark plug wires.
HTH
Tim

·
Senior Charter Member
2,836 Posts
If you're into the billet aluminum look, like I am, Roush makes a set of really nice looms similar to those above. I have them and had to drill out the holes to accommodate my huge 10mm Taylor wires. I also polished mine and modified the mounts to work with my new valve covers.

http://www.*******.com/4bill/DSC00364.jpg
http://www.*******.com/4bill/DSC00366.jpg

·
Junior Charter Member
1,712 Posts
I tried these and didn't like them. Omer used an oval track trick of using zip ties as looms. Basically you wrap the entire bundle of wires with one tie, then use another tie between each wire. Dresses in nicely on my car.

·
Registered
2,927 Posts
We sell them! The ones we sell are set up for 9mm wires. We also use the zip tie method on the dyno. Both work but the Made for you are reusable and look better IMHO.

$55.00 a set

Special $45.00 a set in orange only [don't ask - OK I ordered them in]

Steve

·
Registered
11,831 Posts

i get a lot of compliments on how neatly my wires are run. i needed two sets of Made-For-You to get them exactly as shown in my picture. (i also have cut-to-length Taylor wires.)

my clamps come loose, not the screw to the valve covers, but the little screw that holds the two-part plastic wire clamps... every other month or so i have to go in there and tighten up the little screw. i need a right angle screwdriver to get to a few of them.

since they come loose, i am not sure i'd use them again. afraid to use a little dab of loc-tite, as lock-tite and plastic don't get along well.

just FYI... if you lose the one half of the wire clamp you'll need to buy a whole new set.

cheers,

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.