Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
11,828 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

my upper hoses got shifted around a bit when i installed the new CSR filler. not sure if that has anything to do with this.

there is always just a little bit of coolant dripping out here and by the water neck. i have tightened the clamps as far as they go. any more would strip them out. the funny thing is, it is here and on the waterneck that there is no flange - just a straight pipe. (this is the FFR pipe cut)

are these hoses really leaking from the ____ ????

p.s. i am just glad that this is a MINOR problem.

·
Premium Member
9,698 Posts
Eddie, the hose has an internal cut or chafe, and it's seeping through the cord reinforcement. It may seal itself up, or not.

·
Dreamer
1,222 Posts
Melt the end of the hose??

Yes, NO???

That might seal up everything.

·
FFCobra Fanatic
777 Posts
Eddie,
Are you jinx'ed or what. I agreee with J Persons. I'd get a new hose just so I wouldn't have to mess with it.
Jay

·
Registered
11,828 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaah!

i went friggin crazy. i only noticed this because i had a SHORT drive. otherwise, there was so much coolant, i couldn't tell this was how it was leaking.

i wouldn't mind if i forgot to snug down the hose clamp.... but yes this is getting nuts.

any alternatives to an upper radiator setup that is NOT stainless? i don't want too much bling. maybe i should start a WTB post.

·
Registered
3,676 Posts
Eddie,
Be sure the edge of the pipe is smooth - that could be where the cut came from if you bent the hose over the end.

I would suggest 220 grit sand paper after you take the pipe out, wash it well before it goes back in.

·
Senior Charter Member
2,397 Posts
wow, i've personally have never seen water coming from the cord.

at least you know where it's coming from now.

Good luck!

·
Registered
114 Posts
someone posted soem stuff thats sold at McMaster carr, its like heat shrink for water/heater hoses.....

Or replace the hose.... maybe use a t-bolt clamp.

·
8,356 Posts
First for me, too. Well, if it can go wrong, Eddie will find it. Yup, replace hose.

Eddie, I don't know why your dues are so high, but in the next reincarnation you will sail through!

·
FFR Craftsman
5,834 Posts
Eddie's name is going to replace Murphy's soon enough. You just can't buy break can you!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts