Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Senior Charter Member
1,230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got #293 last year (2006) but I didnt finish my car so I never completed the process. When I got my number there was another guy at the DMV who had an SB100 number form the previous year who wanted to know if his was still good. The local DMV asked the Sacramento office and they said he was good, but a friend of mine who just got his SB100 today said that the DMV told him that his will expire in 2008 if he didnt register the car by the end of the year. Does anyone know if my number from last year is still good or am I screwed?

·
Premium Member
6,598 Posts
We know that the previouse year is good. Its been reported here. But I'm not sure about going over an extra year after that.

You are fine. Now get that thing done :D

-K

·
FFR Craftsman
5,834 Posts
Trevor: you should be getting a bill for this year but I would think you'd receive something in the mail by November.

BTW: did you get my last PM ?

·
3,798 Posts
Do not expect the DMV to send anything, until you finish the process (plate issue) they keep you in the computer system but probably will not send you any reminders.

·
Charter Member
240 Posts
I haven't gotten a bill for this year either. Wonder if I should check with DMV....

·
8,356 Posts
Originally posted by Sergio:
as long as you pay your yearly dues, the number stays with the car forever (unless you sell it to out of state).
This is correct; I got SB100# 2004(492) on Feb. 27th, 2004 and due to a medical issue (I'm an old guy) did not finish the build and get plates until April 2005. Just keep your temporary registration (the red sticker) up-to-date. Cheers, and congrats to all of you that got it today!! I feel your buzz.

Now, is there ANYONE out there that tried today and did NOT get one? Is 500 a real number? I know the DMV site will likely say tomorrow that there are no more numbers left, but will they refuse anyone that comes for it on the 1st day of business of the new year? Sac knows we camp on the doorstep. Any insight? We could - through some of our organizations/clubs...Leno? - lobby for something like: 1 day or 500 (whichever comes first), or unlimited (for the day) for folks like us that build in their garages (not a car-building business)???

Just my 2 cents

Hmmm, how many backyard airplane builds are allowed/year? NAGA, can you find out?

·
8,356 Posts
And yes, do go in and keep your records current, just in case.

·
Premium Member
9,698 Posts
Originally posted by Danny:
I haven't gotten a bill for this year either. Wonder if I should check with DMV....
You will need to pay the 2007 taxes, and since you waited until they are past due, (for a 2006 SPCN number), you may have to pay a late fee. I received a "notice of incomplete registration" letter from the DMV in March or April of 2006, telling me that the taxes were due in Jan, 07, even if I hadn't completed the process, and that letter would be the only reminder that they would send out. They hit me up for $190.00

·
craftsman
1,927 Posts
If you registered your car while getting your sb100 number then you have to keep your registration current even if the kit is not done or turn it into a non op status. This mistake happens alot as when you go in and register your car and pay the fees when all you need to do to get the sequence number is pay for titling to get a number...about 200 bucks. Then pay the reg and sales tax when the car is ready to go out on the street. 1. you don't tie up your money and 2, not paying useless reg fees that expire.

today makes # 14 without a hitch!

Richard

·
Senior Charter Member
1,230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
WOW I feel a lot better now! I was getting scared that I would need to get another sequence number in 2008. Thanks guys you just made my year

Herman, that sounds good to me, I will see you there. Will other BACC folks be there?

Trevor

·
FFR Craftsman
5,834 Posts
Supposedly so. I went on Weather.com and it's forecasted to be Sunny!!!! Be there around 7:30-8:00AM.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts