Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New, freshly primed APE removable hardtop, window never installed, and never installed on car. Hawk LeMans top just arrived, my loss your gain. $875.00 plus shipping from 77379, cashiers check, money order, or personal check. I have over $1400 in the top.
SOUTHERN CUSTOMS
lance289

·
3,645 Posts
do you have pics of the hawk lemans top? and where do you get it?

thanks

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Marky,
The shipping will be approximately $136.00, but the carrier you select will determine that cost.
Central Freight Lines out of Houston quoted us that figure since we have an account with them on our body parts, we order and ship, however they only serve as far as Northern New Jersey according to Debbie at the terminal here in Houston.
LANCE289

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
NeedForSpeed,
The HAWK 39PH LeMans top is from the UK and was 4 months in shipping at low dunnage. The thing was side purchased off another forum for a Kirkham Hybrid 289 at a decent price, not the $3200 US that HAWK COBRAS / UK quoted.
Go to the Gerry Hawkridge, HAWK site and look at the top, pics and price are there. He also had an order in for a LeMans top made in Texas in case one fell thru. I understand it was under $2000 with him picking it up.
Good luck,
>LANCE289

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
John,
Have NEW in package side windows from APE for another APE top can let go for $250 and will ship in top crate to elim shipping. APE still has a special on them for $225 if you wanted to get from them.
Lance289

·
Premium Member
12,393 Posts
Hawk's website lists a LeMans top at 650GBP, which is about $1200US, although I don't know what the shipping would be. That's not a bad price if the quality is there.

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
Joe,
You are correct on the top $1200US without the split trunk option, trunk hardware, fuel tank relocator setup that twist seals into you existing fuel cap location (without removing your existing fuel line), lighting kit, venting hardware, and so on. Then add about $620 in air freight or so and you are above the $3k figure that you would need for a turn key.
AC Ltd also has them for $5000 US and it's a bit ugly, not shaped like the original.
grumpy

·
Registered
90 Posts
sent you an e-mail regarding your top on 1/5 (at 4:40pm) after i read the posting and there was no other entry at the time. you have not answered me yet?
am i one of the ones that has not confirmed purchase?????????????

[ January 08, 2004, 03:26 AM: Message edited by: z-man ]

·
Registered
173 Posts
Z-man. I'm interested in the top and windows. If you do not sell to one of the previous commit guys
let me know. Give me a total for the top,windows and shipping and we'll close the deal.It's no biggie if someone else gets it.
Thanks
John Belcher

·
Premium Member
12,393 Posts
Originally posted by grumpy:
Joe,
You are correct on the top $1200US without the split trunk option, trunk hardware, fuel tank relocator setup that twist seals into you existing fuel cap location (without removing your existing fuel line), lighting kit, venting hardware, and so on. Then add about $620 in air freight or so and you are above the $3k figure that you would need for a turn key.
AC Ltd also has them for $5000 US and it's a bit ugly, not shaped like the original.
grumpy
$$$$$$$ OUCH! $$$$$$

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
zman,

You're it, do you want it or not? Just tried to sent an eMail to you and it sits for 10 minutes and never connects. I'm new at this eMail/internet stuff so it could be my fault, who knows.

Noon today Friday, January 9, 2004 it will be shipped to the first that responds, SOLD on the forum. I did not want to get into an auction mode, just first come - first served.

SOUTHERN CUSTOMS
9720 Landry
Spring, Texas

We have just added 2500 SF to our shop just for our COBRA customers in the Houston/Spring/Woodlands area. It will have offices and computer setup just to respond to that situation.

LANCE289

·
Registered
90 Posts
lance,

i've followed all of your instructions and now i get an e-mail from your painter telling me that i need to send the money overnight or the top is going to the next guy in line. as per my e-mails to him (which he has not responded to)--i need the address where you want the payment overnighted.

confused,

mike z. (z-man)

1 - 20 of 23 Posts