Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Charter Member
6,161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
how do you like it. does it fit under the hood. easy to install. did you buy a carb modified for a supercharger.

thanks

trevor

·
Registered
3,245 Posts
Eric Jacobs Member #2 has that set up. He may chime in here or do a search on holley 174 or his member number. If you search on "Let's build it" you should get good results.
Arch

·
Registered
18 Posts
I have the 144 on my cobra, but on a dreaded chevy 350. (non FFR) You are going to run into hood clearence issues but if you are good with glass you can get it to fit nicely. Also you are going to really have to pay attention to your operating temps.

Holley makes carbs that are supercharger specific that have the power valve indexed to the supercharger vacuum and are balanced for supercharger use in fuel delivery.

Pro's
Easy to tune
good gas mileage
easy set idle

Con's
expensive,
sometimes hard to install
normally not a off the shelf item.

They come in a 600 and 830 cfm variaty, well they come bigger but I don;t think that you wil need one bigger then the 800.

·
Charter Member
6,161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Eric,

Is the carb height modified? Will a standard holley blower 750 w/ the 174 blower fit under the hood. I am worried about hood clearance. It looks like you have a red anodized spacer under the carb.

trevor

·
Premium Member
2,919 Posts
The red under the carb was simply a red billet mounting plate of the carb itself. To get it to fit you will need a carb without a choke tower and you will need to trim the fuel bowl vent tubes. The reason for this is to fit the K&N max drop base air cleaner with the Extreme top. Any other question feel free to e-mail me.

Eric
[email protected]

1 - 7 of 7 Posts