Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
just another builder
8,238 Posts
interesting...it looks like it has 2 ports on one side and two on the other?
i wonder if you could put this in the rear circit and modulate it with a down stream with an adj prop valve

·
FFCobra Captain
11,720 Posts
I wish they had some pictures of how that connects into the brake system.

If it were as simple as going out from the 2 lines coming out of the master cylinder and into the ECI thing...then going from the ECI thing to the brake lines, it would seem to be a simple way to get better braking without having to put in a vac booster.

·
FFCobra Fanatic
1,739 Posts
I'd like to know more about it as well. It seems somewhat specialized in that it is designed for a particular vehicle.

Rick

·
Premium Member
12,393 Posts
There is no free lunch..

Energy cannot be created...

Without a source of external power, either hydraulic or electric, this device can do nothing more than duplicate the effect of putting in a smaller bore master cylinder, probably at much greater cost.

·
Charter Member
2,649 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I just got off the phone with ECI. You're right Joe, his first recommendation was to install a MC with a smaller diameter piston.(more pedal travel) Accoring to the tech rep FFR's with Jeep MC's and Mustang rear disc's, and various other combinations get "funky" relative to available pressure and flow volume vs piston diameters. His alternative recommendation is to install one or two of their Pro-Street vaccum boosters and if required an electric vaccum pump.
click on link.
http://www.ecihotrodbrakes.com/remote_booster.htmlThe picture shows a dual tandum unit which now comes only as a single unit (EC-1450). It gets plumb into the line going to the rear brakes or you can plumb two into the system. The draw back is that each unit requires a cube space of about 6x10x10". You can use either engine vaccum if it's sufficient at idle or an electric vaccum unit.
Bob Mac
FFR3981

·
Premium Member
3,886 Posts
Originally posted by quicksand:
interesting...it looks like it has 2 ports on one side and two on the other?
i wonder if you could put this in the rear circit and modulate it with a down stream with an adj prop valve
A GREAT idea!

That would get around the problem with insufficient rear brake as with the T-bird iRS setup, and would be a more elegant solution that using higher-friction pads in the rear.
This device is basically a big piston driving a littler piston, sort of the hydraulic equivalent of the side-by-side dual m/c setup, so I think you could use it to get more rear pressure, and then fine-tune with an adj prop valve.

I'd be tempted to try that if it wouldn't be so much trouble to plumb it in.

Forrest

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.