Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
1st RFM/FFR Legacy Winner
28,619 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm taking a ride today, leaving between 12 and 1 today over the Foothills and back then through Townsend and back to West Knox.

Anyone want to join me?

Greg

·
28,619 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Very nice ride today. Many waves etc. Had the Holley 600 dp on and managed 24.4 mpg (1 mpg better than the tweaked 570). The secondary jetting is rich at 11:1 WOT so I stayed out of it until I buy some new jets.

Greg

·
Charter Member
263 Posts
Greg, sounds like a great day, sorry to miss it! And, a nice carb upgrade; you may be the only person in history with a Holley double- pumper who knows what their fuel mileage is!
Cheers.
Charlie

·
28,619 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Today is even better weather. Deb and I went downtown in the TR6 and over to Powel to see a guy who is restoring one.

Nice day!

·
28,619 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Greg, sounds like a great day, sorry to miss it! And, a nice carb upgrade; you may be the only person in history with a Holley double- pumper who knows what their fuel mileage is!
Cheers.
Charlie
Charlie,
You know me, if I have to ask what the mpg is, I can't afford it! DP's have a bad rap for being very thirsty. I really got lucky on this one. A friend ran it on his '84 Capri (like yours) for a short time a few years ago. I went through it to check that is was all stock and borrowed it with the intention to buy if it wasn't a gas hog. I was expecting 12 mpg, sooty pipes, and bogs all over the place at any setting other than WOT.

Greg

·
28,619 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
If your "Today" wasn't my "Yesterday" I would be in. Glad you got the car out and enjoyed the weather, I took the opportunity to clean mine up a little.
Rob,
It was great seeing you again. Did you get all the stuff fixed on your car that was wrong about it? :evil:

·
Charter Member
263 Posts
Greg, I'm laughing cause I'd decided a while back that my Capri needed a DP at some point in the future, but my understanding of them is what you said, nice "right now" when the secondaries open, but not the best for part-throttle driveability or fuel consumption. You did a nice job sizing i.e. 600 vs 650 or 750.
Enjoy!
Charlie

·
Premium Member
2,935 Posts
Rob,
It was great seeing you again. Did you get all the stuff fixed on your car that was wrong about it? :evil:
I decided to stick with the rack and pinion. Normally I brush that stuff off but I guess I was a little on edge from some stuff that happened earlier in the day. I have had a few chuckles about it since. Is was nice meeting up.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.