Factory Five Racing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Professional Internet Browser
9,945 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Why the heck did they ruin all that perfect stuff and why the heck did they ruin that expidition, what idiots.

·
Charter Member
503 Posts
They have $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$. No excuse - just one of the reasons they act that way. Chris

·
Professional Internet Browser
9,945 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
They have money but there is no freakin reason to waste it. If anything they owe discovery a ton of cash, if it wasnt for discovery, they wouldnt be where they are. Their bikes arent special and hearing vin and paulie talk about that engine tonight made me realize that in the end they are just extremely lucky fabricators.

·
Registered
3,193 Posts
I think it started with them thrashing the golf-carts. They probably got some great viewer feedback on those antics. I for one enjoyed the golf-cart thrashings, but the Expedition was a little hard to watch. Expeditions are a dime a dozen, one less on the road because some rich dudes trashed 'em on TV is no big deal. Think of it as a little economy boost.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Destruction is human.

To destroy these days is limited in legality and financiality. To see other do what most wish they could on a whim, is as close to the destructive outlet most people can experience within the law these days.

just my opinion. slightly intoxicated, and loving trying to be technical.

·
Husband/Father/Son
12,461 Posts
If they did not act that way, or do the things they do, who would tune in. Howard Stern coined the phrase "Shock radio", in this case it's now "Shock TV". If it's not controversial and argumentative, it will not sell to the consumer, if it won't sell to the consumer and make you come back again and again, then there will be no sponsorship of the program, and it then gets canceled If you think that this is actually how the shop runs on a day to day basis, and there is not some type of scripting and coaching in the background, then your sadly mistaken. The first clue would be that the characters do not look into the cameras that are hovering around, not at all.............This means that they know exactly where the cameras will be at any given time..............Think about it...................

·
Sr FFR builder
5,565 Posts
Originally posted by mrmustang:
If they did not act that way, or do the things they do, who would tune in.
Mr. Mustang, I must respectfully disagree. I, for one, watch American Chopper ONLY because I am fascinated by the work that gets done. I find their bikes are very cool. And I start to channel flip when Paul Sr. starts to go off on his BS ranting and raving. I have no time for that garbage. It is only because I enjoy watching the custom creations that they make that I watch that.

You made mention of Howard Stern. I listened to him all of maybe 1 week back when he first came to Chicago radio. Since then of course it is hard not to hear about what he's doing. Although successful, it is not because of my support. I can say the same about professional wrestling. That WAS one of my favorite things to watch. However, they have gone a bit the sleazy route as of late and I have started to back away from it.

I do think that it is important to keep the interest in shows like American Chopper by getting involved in human interests. But common now - Paul Sr. has caused me to turn the channel enough times that I have almost quit watching the show altogether.

My wife, who is anything but a gearhead found interest in the show because of the cool work that they were doing. But as soon as she saw Paul Sr. bitc#ing, it wasn't long before she had enough. Even now, when I am channel flipping, if I stop at AC and Paul is on the screen complaining, her first words are "Change the channel, this guy's giving me a headache." I have to agree.

·
FFCobra Fanatic
4,257 Posts
I would watch OCC for the work they do....if I had cable or satellite. I'd probably also have to tune out with the fighting as I won't allow that on tv with the kids around. Heck....we can't even watch the Simpsons anymore.

So they trashed an expedition? I could have used that as a nice upgrade to my present tow vehicle.....

·
Senior Charter Member
1,086 Posts
I've to second you, smackdown- I do not and will not watch OCC BECAUSE of the scripted arguing and fighting and all that junk. There's enough of it in real life.

·
Premium Member
11,510 Posts
Anyone watch Southern Steel? The guys at Milwakee Iron are building different bikes but still quite nice. They don't fight, have some good Southern humor and you get to see craftsmanship. I like OCC because of the bikes but can't stand Sr. when he rants.

Take a peek at Southern Steel... less aggrivation with good fabrication!

·
Premium Member
11,510 Posts
Don't forget Exile Cycles... very clean bikes with lots of original deisgns like the twist grip clutch
His bikes are old school sleek. Love em.

I agree, OCC don't build bikes, they assemble them. I've never seen them build or modify a frame.

·
FFCobra Master Craftsman
1,941 Posts
I gotta agree, Dagster. I love Exile Cycles style! Super clean. No exposed cables or wiring, no chrome, just natural aluminum. wish I had his skill!

·
Premium Member
11,510 Posts
I mean c'mon... does this need jewelry?

Just plain Bad A$$

1 - 20 of 31 Posts